• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Lake S player

dirtmcgirt

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello everyone!

I played from about 98-2011. I left for a while and i figured i'd see what was going on. I have found and read a majority of the returning player threads, but as active players, what should i be doing? I did a little bit of everything before, pvp, taming, crafting, treasure hunting etc. But i am just so out of touch with what skill combos work best, what weapons are the best, where to hunt etc. Basically any advice on what to do, where to do it, and how to do it would be greatly appreciated. What guilds are good, where everyone hangs out, etc, anything would be a big help. I was always fascinated with this game and now i have a bit more free time to play.

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
That's a big question, sort of like, "what's the best way to play?". There's no one answer, that's the appeal of UO.

Start with the basics, where you want to start. More solo or more group? More conflict, or more peace or collaboration?

My time is limited, so I'm mostly solo. PvP nonstop isn't the fun for me it used to be, so I focus on pick-me-up dungeons, watching in General Chat. Did a turtle spawn last night with others, had a good time.

What do you like to do?

Sent from mTalk

dirtmcgirt

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for replying, I'm more of a solo player. I do like to participate in guide activities but i too would be limited if i were to come back. So in terms of solo playing, what dungeons should i be frequenting? When i played it seems like doom was the main one and everyone was trying to get the armor. I have a tamer, i had an archer that was very useful, i also had a tank mage. What are the best skill-set combo's these days? Anything new everyone is doing? Is there one skill set to pvm that is more productive/efficient in terms of getting good loot? I guess i have so many questions i can't even begin to get them down. These are just some that came to me for some just good general direction on where to go. My house is gone and a majority of all my stuff went with it. I will get another house. Just like some basic general advice on how to jump back in it. Again, Thanks for replying

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Doom is back in vogue, there was a revamp a few weeks back so there are better artifacts now. Might be tough without a group. There are so many places to go, it's hard to narrow them. I visited Void creatures this week for the first time because I needed some void orbs for crafting, ran into raptors for the first time. Raptor teeth sell well if you setup a vendor somewhere.

I like t-hunts, and I've solo'd a few champ spawns in Ilshenar. I recommend hanging out at Luna or watching General chat for what's going on at any given time, and participating in the regular community hunts that Tae runs. The schedule is at the top of the forum and changes weekly.