• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning from a 5 year hiatus

virtualhabitat

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, it's a little overwhelming. Everything is different -Except the inflation. WOW -Platinum?
does anyone on ATL use voice comms? people used to use teamspeak or vent. I do love to talk to people when I play.
I got discord, but I don't know anyone to be invited into a voice channel.
I'd love to ask so many questions about taming changes, legacy expansion (do I need it?),, various templates and tactics.

Dryzzid of Atlantic

Lore Master
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello and welcome back! I don't know many guilds/groups using teamspeak and Vent anymore - from my experience most folks are using Discord for chat and voice, and there are still some using ICQ.

The best place to read about the changes to taming would be the UO [Cah] website, they work hard over there to summarize new patches and post guides to their website. They also have a Discord channel. The Legacy expansion is in the very early phases and is a separate shard that is to be wiped every "season". You shouldn't need anything New Legacy related to play on the current production shards.

Grashopr

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
The KooL guild’s discord channel is typically full of new and returning players who are asking exactly the same things you are. Look for an Emmy in game or look me up (Abigor#2005) and I’ll get you a guest invite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
So, it's a little overwhelming. Everything is different -Except the inflation. WOW -Platinum?
does anyone on ATL use voice comms? people used to use teamspeak or vent. I do love to talk to people when I play.
I got discord, but I don't know anyone to be invited into a voice channel.
I'd love to ask so many questions about taming changes, legacy expansion (do I need it?),, various templates and tactics.
I think I remember you posting from a few years ago. Welcome back!

If you're looking for any assistance with putting together a suit, or need help finding a good guild to hunt with, I would be glad to meet up with you and help out with whatever I can. Feel free to drop me a message here, or on ICQ or Discord (info in my signature).

Good luck with your return! Feel free to ask questions.