• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning Bard/THunter/Mage Armor Question

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks,

Parrot has been a Bard-THunter on Baja his since creation. Love this toon more than any other.
carto 100/100
magery 100/100
LP 100/100
disco 91/115
music 115/115
peace 111/115
provo 100/120

When returning here, I saw Poo was no longer Modding this forum, wanted to say it's with great respect that I say I will miss him and his wisdom.

On to my questions.

I need to regear Parrot, he's sitting near naked in his tower looking at the Tailor, Madis, and beginning to grumble. Problem is, Madis has been reading forums and is a bit confused and hasn't found the answers he requires.

Madis understands he is required to build a suit with 100 LRC, 40 LMC, and as much MR as can be had. 70's resists would be nice.... One thing confusing to Madis, are a few posts that seem to imply that leather suits may not be necessary? I know I saw post mentioning metal armor use. Doesn't that still hurt dex and the mage side of Parrot? Have things changed that much?

Can someone fill me in as to the material that should be used to not inflict hardships on my Bard? Madis has 101.3 in tailoring, as well as GM in BS. He only carries a 71 in imbuing at this point.

Your assist is appreciated.

Mac

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
To me, so of the suit you will want will depend on how you use the template to defeat the guardians. Here is a quick rundown of how I would use that template and the suit that I would use with it:

1. First, I would use the peace mastery bard songs. Two main advantages I see are substantial mana regen and the damage reduction incase you take damage. The single greatest drawback to the bard song will be that you can not invisible yourself as the song will reveal you.
2. As the chest is being dug up I would drop and EV or two near the chest location.
3. When the guardians spawn I would run away using an area peace macro till I am a safe distance with no more than 2 mobs still left targeting me.
4. Work my way back in provoking and discording until all mobs are dead.

Primary objective of the suit: casting/bard song upkeep (mana, mana, and more mana)
Secondary objective of the suit: damage reduction (70s resist)

Suit stats to achieve primary objective:
100 LRC
40 LMC

Suit stats to achieve secondary objective:
65-70 in all resists ( a point or two less than 70 is not worth wasting an entire imbue slot )

Suit stats once primary and secondary objectives are met:
+ Mana (shoot for at least 130 Int)
+ Mana Regen (shoot for 14 on the suit, this will be augmented by 16 from the bard song)
+ Hit Points (cap of +25)

IMO the suit should be made of all medable material.
While studded leather would allow you to increase your LMC to 55, I believe it also interferes with the passive mana regen from the suit and bard songs. At 30 MR and 130 Int the difference is 3 mana per 10 seconds. That might seem small, but it may also be the difference in keeping both bard songs running without losing any mana.​
Woodland (if you are an elf) could be enhanced with bloodwood to provide additional hit point regen, but with the bard song regens that seems a waste given the non-medable.​
I do not really see any advantage to platemail... the stamina reduction bonus seem mute for this template.​
Obviously that is alot to fit into the suit... I have listed them in the order of importance to me.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The mage armor property can be added to the armor by the mage guildmaster for 250k if you have the gold and the inclination. It does not add any imbuing weight. You can then use the studded armor for the extra LMC. You need to leave one imbuing slot open so you can leave off the +mana because of the extra 15 LMC. You can add intel to jewelry to help dump the mana up to 130. I am not saying that this is the best way for you to go, just another option. :)

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Merus,

Thanks for the info. That's a close description, except for mastery, of how I've handled thunts since the get go. Now to go searching for the armor and to do some reading on how imbuing works.

Lestat,

Thanks for the guild master info, didn't know that.
Question for you....did you used to run a char on Baja that was in or ran around with S|A? My archer, Haz, remembers your name.

DreadLord Lestat

Forum Moderator
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I have mainly played on Catskills, Lake Austin, and Chesapeake. I dabbled on Baja and Sonoma but was never in any guilds there.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Only non-med armor provider additional LMC

I use 6 armor pieces reforged with 3 MR.
I use ring and bracelet with 4 MR.
I use -15 Mage Weapon (it seems more useful than Wrestling) and +15 magery on a ring.
200 mana, 135 hp (150 with potions), 30 MR, 100 LRC, 40 LMC, 2/6 casting, 45 DCI

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corwin, how long did it take ya to get that suit completed? LOL, looks very nice. I'm assuming a lot of it is based on imbuing. I'm up to 82 on Imbuing, don't understand what can be added to what yet, but I'll get there.

Thanks folks for all the help, ya know I appreciate it all, I'll post a bit about the suit I have obtained....but I'll have to log back in to get exact numbers.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It took several hours.

P.S.
I didn't use Forged Metal of Artifacts.
I use 3 not expensive artifacts - tangle, hephaestus, cloak of rejuv (15m each) and 3 cheap artifacts - mana orb, dci sash, res boots, cloak of power.

Last edited:

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corwin, what are the resists on that suit if you don't mind me asking? I've tried to put together a similar suit, but I always come up short in resists.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
70-70-70-70-75 with cold res boots

3 pieces have 51 total res (35 base + 16 barbed)
3 pieces have 62 total res (1 res mod imbued)
the shield have 16 total res

Last edited: