• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning after long time away!

N

naze1972

I started back in 1997 and left about 3 monthes after wow came out.Sad thing is i cant remember my password, and my email has changed twice since then due to my Ex-wife and I getting divorced since then.

Is there any way to get my old account back? I had 5 very developed characters and more so had a huge huge collection of runes.And just wanted to see if anyone I remember is still there?

Any help is appreciated

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I started back in 1997 and left about 3 monthes after wow came out.Sad thing is i cant remember my password, and my email has changed twice since then due to my Ex-wife and I getting divorced since then.

Is there any way to get my old account back? I had 5 very developed characters and more so had a huge huge collection of runes.And just wanted to see if anyone I remember is still there?

Any help is appreciated
Your best bet is to call tech support (after a few drinks and some deep breathing). I went through the same thing a few years ago with not having my PW or email. I think you will need to dig through old bank statements and find the last 4 numbers of the credit card you used to pay for your account originally. That was the way I was able to reclaim my account.

Best of luck to you.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if you also have the original code that you used to create the account (the one that came on the back of the CD case), they can use that to prove you own it.

P

Phineas le Monge

With SO MANY changes to the game since then, you may be better off starting from scratch. Many returning players log in to their old accounts and are completely lost. If your old friends are still around, name a new character the same as your old one and check all the usual traffic areas, ie Haven, Luna, and Brit Bank west. With a bit of luck you'll run into them or current players who will give you a boost getting up to speed on the current UO. Nothing says "help me I'm confused" like a young status tag...:thumbup:

N

naze1972

Well, I DL'd the free 14 day trial and when i launch the game it sits at verifying account... same thing it used to do 12 years ago rotflmao.

totally not worth the frustration.Seeya all maybe next year ...

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on which client he downloaded doesnt it? Wasnt there a complaint about how the new client updates and that it will act like its locked up as it prepares and checks what downloads it needs to update? not sure myself but you would have more experience with the enhanced client hawkeye than me as Irarely use it. and may be way off base.

N

naze1972

UO player most known quality... patience.
8 years playing? Is that enough patience?

It's not that I dont know EA or how UO was/is/will be.I plan on making 1 attempt by phone before I close the door forever on UO. =)

C

CatLord

Just chill and enjoy the call... I hope you fix everything.

N

naze1972

Im in shock and Awe.I got my old account back.To easily imo though. Just need a name and date of birth ...

but im DLing the client, i guess its in beta? I never could get in the old client.

C

Corvak

The enhanced client is in perpetual beta, however I find it more functional than the classic client. It's more customizable, and it tends to get more support from the devs, as they want to encourage more to use it.

N

naze1972

The enhanced client is in perpetual beta, however I find it more functional than the classic client. It's more customizable, and it tends to get more support from the devs, as they want to encourage more to use it.
i couldnt even get into that new client, I felt like the character walked with a limp, it seemed to lag alittle too.

I reDL'd the old client and it definately felt more like what UO was 5 years ago.In fact I didnt notice any real changes.Other then the luna bank had maybe 5 people there at 8pm.I guess I came back to a game going out?

I havent really seen anyone I knew except that blue minx person i think i saw around before.