• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning after break need some advice

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am starting to play again but am way lost in some of the updates. Most of my bookmarks for information on UO are no longer working, or seem to have outdated information. I was trying to update my suite for my discord archer and have been unable to locate simple information. What I was looking for is some information on the LMC that different armor gives. From there I need to figure out how to Take LMC and MR to as high as possible. I have access to Imbueing ingredients and PoF. I will just need to locate any runics I may need. Oh I have not really played for about 3 years. There is alot of new stuff and it also seems to be scattered. Is there a new place to find newer information?
Thanks

Deraj

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A good site for info is uoguide.com. This page should have the info you need on lower mana cost.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks. will look through UOguide for some of the new additions . Also most of the stratics links I have are broken and when I click on some of the links on pages within stratics those links are also broken or there is no information. Makes it kind of frustrating.

zamot

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok, Keeping this is the same post.
How do you use the chat system in the enhanced client. The words just go above my head and not into the chat window.

Figured it out. type a comma first and then what you want to say

Last edited:

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
crafters forum has a lot of the information...and the guys are great as long as you make an effort to read the database
if the armor is med-able LMC cap is 40..
Studded cap is 55
Plate around 52, frankly anything around 50 is excellent...cuts your costs in half!

Remember the steps
craft exceptional piece with normal supplies ( iron ingots, plain wood, normal leather)
reforge,
insure,
powder
imbu

follow those steps you will never go wrong! Wise men also say to copy your crafter onto test shard...test any procedures to see what is the best way to make things...

Send me a pm if you have more questions...will try to help

Thom

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All armor lmc is capped at 40. The inherent bonus isn't added to the suit, it comes from the material types of the armor. Metal armor (plate, ring, chain,etc...), and dragon armor provides 1% of lower mana cost per piece and the best stamina reduction per piece. Studded leather, hide, stone and bone provides 3% of lower mana cost per piece and a moderate stamina reduction per piece. You are limited to 5 pieces when calculating the inherent lmc, or stamina reduction of your suit. So if you have a full studded suit with 40 lmc in properties already on it you will have 55 effective lmc. A full plate suit would give you the bonus from 5 pieces and end up with an effective lmc of 45. Or you can mix it up any way you want and get the bonus from the best 5 pieces.

I would add to Timberwolf's post that during the first step you may want to keep crafting armor pieces until you get one with at least one resist at it's minimum level. For instance 2 physical on a studded piece. That will allow you to take the best advantage of your imbuing points, and if you ever mess with forged tools for enhancing that step goes after imbuing. And as he said, if you have any questions feel free to ask either here or in a pm. I'll be happy to help as well.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another thing you might be interested in is reforging. You can get higher than normal attributes with reforging by taking a hit to the pieces lifespan I've seen 8-9 mr on a single piece it's pretty ridiculous.