• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returning after a huuuge break from UO

S

Sheerfist

Well, the wife went out of town this past weekend and during my boredom I ran across a UO ad and installed the 15 day trial. I played from the first couple months of release until about 2001, so as you can imagine, the game looks a lot different!

The good parts are still there, and I like a lot of the new content. Some of the houses I've seen are amazing!! Anyway, I rolled up a miner/smith and got to work. A nice guy named Mad Dog gave me some armor and a few weapons in New Haven. Then someone named Bo Peep brought me some bandages. Not sure if they're the same person, but it was nice. :)

ANYWAY, I went ahead and bought the Stygian expansion and upgraded my account. Now I'm looking to join a guild and contribute as much as I can, and hopefully catch up on about 10 years of missed time! I'm not they type of player who will be on constantly, but I should be on a couple times a week at a minimum.

Oh, I have a question: Back in the day, the only way to communicate with anyone was through ICQ/Yahoo. Is that still the case, or is there some way to send a tell to someone in game? I wanted to get back to that Mad Dog guy but never saw him again.

Great to be back! :danceb:

P.S. My name in game is Torm Sheerfist

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome back. You can use this command / to speak in game.
But 1st make sure you are in one of the Chat channels, (General is the best to get someones attention in) if not, it goes no absolutely where.

Bardie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what time do you usually play? i'm a late night player 11-2ish pm/am pac time so if you are bored during that time shoot me a message or pm me and i'll send my icq. I'm starting to pack up a little bit so probably have some stuff i can give you, scrolls, armor, etc...

S

Sheerfist

I live in Hawaii, so I tend to be on later at night for mainlanders. Can you send PMs in game, or do you have to converse over the global channel that everyone can see?

I'll look you up next time I'm on Bardie. :thumbsup:

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Everything in game is basically over Global Chat unless you are Guilded or Allied with each other.

Ox AO

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think most use voice communication now.
Team speak
ventrilo
and others

Snakeman

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We & other Guilds I know have Team Speak / Ventrilo. But, neither are free. There is a monthly charge for your own private channel. Charges depend on the amount of users you want to have use the channel, and charges are any where from $3-4 a month & up.

L

LBC

Hey Torm, That was me, Mad Dog. Glad you decided to stay for awhile. I'll look for you in Luna in the evening. I found your pumpkin.

C

Cloak&Dagger

We & other Guilds I know have Team Speak / Ventrilo. But, neither are free. There is a monthly charge for your own private channel. Charges depend on the amount of users you want to have use the channel, and charges are any where from $3-4 a month & up.
I do not recall Vent needing a monthly charge. Teamspeak does for sure, but don't recall vent needing one. Only thing would be if you needed to host it on a server that you did not own?