• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returned to UO and have old pets

Hey Stratics! I just returned to UO after like ... 12-13 years or so earlier this month. I have a tamer with some old pets and I've read that apparently old pets may be rare but I honestly don't know what to look for and I'm nervous cause I don't want to do anything stupid. I have a Nightmare, a White Wyrm, and a Drake.

Drake.PNG Nightmare.PNG Nightmare2.PNG WhiteWyrm.PNG

I just wanna know if I have anything here I need to be careful with, I don't wanna do something I'll regret if one of these is like ultra rare or something. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The Nightmare is a keeper.

The devs have disabled training on dragons for now. So keep it. I think what you are calling a Drake is a Dragon.

I think you are loring the pets with an account that does not own them.

Start with a Hiryu or a Cu Sidhe to learn the training system.

Thanks for the reply! I was just going by the old terminology I remember, the brown ones were always called Drakes back in the day and the Red ones were Dragons but it was a long time ago.

I'm not sure what you mean about being on an account that doesn't own them, I was on my tamer character at the time.

Good advice! I looked at the whole training thing a bit and it's pretty involved and seems like something you can mess up if you don't know what you're doing so I'll def tame one of new creatures and give it a whirl. Thanks for the tips!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are looking at your own pets, that means your taming or lore is too low to train those pets.

There should be a blue button on the Nightmares Lore screen to start the training.

You need 108 taming and lore minimum. You can use jewelry.

Oh right yeah, that makes sense. My Lore is 100 but my Taming is only 79.5. I remember way back before I left I was making a big push to turn my character into a tamer but getting the skill up's were really draining me so I bought all three of these pets from someone else out of haste, despite my skill being too low to really handle them. 13 or so years later ... time to finish what I started I guess :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yup, The Pet Revamp is a lot of Fun!

What Shard?

Welcome Back!

I was originally on Catskills but I decided to transfer my tamer to Atlantic since the population difference is pretty extreme.

whitesmith

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
For sure buddy, icq or discord me, will help ya out with whatever i can :)
icq 26606911
discord TMR#9757