• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Returned after 10 years...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Hello,

I started playing back in 2001, but left in 2004 as I recall. Came back today just to have a look around and managed to reactivate my old account...no training from the begining again :)

A lot has changed, but I'm still on the classic client.

Any tips for someone coming back to Europa server?

Can't seem to make Ultima Mapper work...it doesn't update my current position. I wonder what could I be missing? Also I can't get more than 800x600 on my window, but it seems like that's a general problem and not just me.

Thanks

Tamais

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Welcome back :) you have chosen a great shard to return to. Minerva Foxglove has a wonderful new player center which has good information for returning players also. It is just down from the Trinsic gate. To find people for help, is to tell people in the help chat and/or general chat, that you are a returning player. Webs sites that have great information are here( Stratics)and uoguide .com. I use mapper also. Check under view (it is the arrow on the right of the marker button. Make sure it is on the right location, if not change it. Then on the first menu, the last two buttons are next and refresh. Click each once. Hopefully this works for you. If not check the ultima mapper web site.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Welcome back. You can also ask for help from @MadMartyr, who created Ultima Mapper.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the help, I'm looking into it.

Maybe it should have activated something on the Mapper before using it? Also I recall having read somewhere that I should use UO Assist along with the mapper. Is it a requirement?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
uoassist will make ur life easier on classic.. but not required. i use classic too

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
I can't remember using Mapper last time though...I think before it was Auto-Map or something. Is the Mapper from the same team?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No, different developer.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Kind of strange...it just stands over Britain and shows my full health...even though I'm not there!

I'm pretty sure I got something wrong in the setting or setup. Is there any guide for this?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Auto-map stopped being supported, aye. Mapper is great, but there's something not communicating properly with yours. I'm not familiar with it, so I'd have to rely on MadMartyr.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Just out of curiosity, how busy does Europa get these days? so far I've seen maybe 10 people in total...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are people around, but well spaced out. You'll find a group of Vets at WBB each evening for an hour 6pm UK, usually finishing with a spellweaving circle at 7pm. Shout out in help chat and you're pretty sure to get an answer. Sometimes that answer might even come from me.

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the reply.

Things are much more different now. IT used to be booming with people selling stuff at that time and place...

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
So I am wondering how do I get recall scrolls now...any advice on a good shop with a bit of everything?

I used to have lots of shops on my rune books but I see most are empty now...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mim foxglove's New Player House is full of books explaining all kinds of things, plus some simple vendors. From there you can find a house teleporter to RAA guild shop. Some npc mage shops sell recalls, Haven and Moonglow if I remember right. Also you might like to find your way to the uo Europa board http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-europa.51/

Geoff R

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
how did you go about reactivating your old account? i started playing Pre: Ren and left shortly after Age of Shadows i believe. Is it worth it?

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
how did you go about reactivating your old account? i started playing Pre: Ren and left shortly after Age of Shadows i believe. Is it worth it?
It was an adventure by itself, I can tell you that! But now that I know how to do it, it's easy!

1) Go to the "UO official website" and go to "Account Management" where you will be redirected to the new Mythic website.
2) Type in your details from the old account (Email and password) and they will link the accounts!
3) You will find a page and under the "Subscriptions" tab and you will have the chance to reactivate any old Ultima Online accounts that you had connected to that exact email!

That's it, it's simple even tough it doesn't look like it.

If by any chance you are like me and had an old email which no longer exists associated with the Ultima Online account then it get slightly trickier.

1) You will need to go to the "Mythic webpage".
2) Click on "Forgot your EA account password?" below the password insertion area and you will be redirected to the "Origin website".
3) Under "Home/My Account", go to "About Me".
4) On the "Basic Information" area click on "Edit" and simply change your email to the one which you would like to have associated to your account.
5) You're done!!!

Hope this helped ;)

Theron

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Mim foxglove's New Player House is full of books explaining all kinds of things, plus some simple vendors. From there you can find a house teleporter to RAA guild shop. Some npc mage shops sell recalls, Haven and Moonglow if I remember right. Also you might like to find your way to the uo Europa board http://stratics.com/community/forums/uo-europa.51/
Thanks for the info, I'll be sure to look for it all!

Geoff R

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
i click on the forgot password and it asks for account name or email and "enter words in box". i do not see the home or my account tab