• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Return to game?'s

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey guys
I have been absent asides from collecting gifts and such for about a year and a half. My game coordination has gone!
I figured I would relearn by going to EC. I cannot find info here on setting up Pincos and the links from UO guide are not valid.
Is pincos still supported..are there any sources that can help out with me changing clients?
Any info is appreciated, thanks!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Look up pinco ui on google. Takes 2 secs to find. Download client and join discord. Easy

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I will try discord, I have just never had any luck with joining channels. Im not sure how to get the damn invites to channels.
and yes I know how to google pinco, the google page would not come up yesterday, this am it is fine
TY MalagAste for the link to figure out discord

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Awesome! Discord is amazing once you get the hang of it.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I finally managed to download it and failed
Looks like pinco patches uses Google or other blocked here website to check if you have Internet.
@Pinco , is there any way to switch checking address to uo.com ?
sorry, I rarely come by here, so I just saw the posts :D

anyway by the list of blocked stuff I imagine you are from china, making things a bit challenging, but not impossible to handle...
uo.com is not an option for internet checks since it's down very often, but if you have the address of the local "google" I can add that instead, those are the best because they are pretty much never down :)

For the download link I'll add that to the wiki so people with similar restrictions will be able to download it too from my domain (that shouldn't be blocked there), but is going to take forever to download the package from there given the distance from the server, but I don't know which cloud service may be available to you...

EDIT: I've updated the patcher with baidu.com that should work when (and where) google doesn't :D

EDIT 2: I've also added the file to pCloud that (as far as I could read) is accessible even in china: http://e.pc.cd/GKDotalK

Last edited:

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Thanks, @Pinco , Downloaded with new link quite fast. Took me like 15+ minutes. Before with Italian server it took me 2 days at speed 3-10 KB/s
Now I am trying to launch it. Also facing really slow speed when downloading icons. And connection timeouts. But during last 2 dayit already decreased from 2400+ items for downloading to 1300+ .

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks, @Pinco , Downloaded with new link quite fast. Took me like 15+ minutes. Before with Italian server it took me 2 days at speed 3-10 KB/s
Now I am trying to launch it. Also facing really slow speed when downloading icons. And connection timeouts. But during last 2 dayit already decreased from 2400+ items for downloading to 1300+ .
well that cannot be improved, but once is done the future updates won't be as big :D

gwen

Slightly Crazed
well that cannot be improved, but once is done the future updates won't be as big :D
OK, all was downloaded and installed.
Now have 2 major issues with UI
1- my pack horses backpack limit is 400 stones instead of 1600 in default UI
2- after switching to default UI I am missing chat window (with logs and my talk). Switching back to Pinco's UI makes chat avaliable.
What I did wrong? Apart from packie issue everything is REALLY GREAT!!!!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, all was downloaded and installed.
Now have 2 major issues with UI
1- my pack horses backpack limit is 400 stones instead of 1600 in default UI
2- after switching to default UI I am missing chat window (with logs and my talk). Switching back to Pinco's UI makes chat avaliable.
What I did wrong? Apart from packie issue everything is REALLY GREAT!!!!
1. The UI can't limit the weight, that's just a default text shown when the max weight is not available, easy fix anyway :D
2. default is very different and bugged, switching back and forth will cause several issues (including the chat going missing and several actions not working anymore). Best thing you could do is start with a clean profile on my UI so you'll have less issues and better performances.
In any case to fix the chat you need to delete ea_context and chatwindow folders from userdata.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
1. The UI can't limit the weight, that's just a default text shown when the max weight is not available, easy fix anyway :D
2. default is very different and bugged, switching back and forth will cause several issues (including the chat going missing and several actions not working anymore). Best thing you could do is start with a clean profile on my UI so you'll have less issues and better performances.
In any case to fix the chat you need to delete ea_context and chatwindow folders from userdata.
Weit limit problem is fixed after several restarts and stabling packages.

One more bug : using lich form, while training skills, my toon has 0HP and is still alive. In this condition all spells on hot bars are greyed out, including pet commands. Cannot open books (like bushido one) Macro can be turned on. If spell is inside of macro it also can be used.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weit limit problem is fixed after several restarts and stabling packages.

One more bug : using lich form, while training skills, my toon has 0HP and is still alive. In this condition all spells on hot bars are greyed out, including pet commands. Cannot open books (like bushido one) Macro can be turned on. If spell is inside of macro it also can be used.
the dead flag of the character is bugged inside the client and the hp value is 0 whether you are dead or alive, so the only thing you can do to avoid that is to use macros if you have to stay ad 0 hp...

gwen

Slightly Crazed
Often after client restart or crash, or PC restart I see some updates. Is everything right with my installation ?
I dont think so many updates happen every day. Patching.JPG