• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Return Intro and Price Check Please

Garavon

Adventurer
Hi. I'm returning to UO after being gone for like 20 years. I'm playing on Atlantic. It's great being back in Britannia but things have definitely changed a bit. Between the magic item system changing drastically and inflation I'm trying to wrap my head around current prices. I have done some research and I'm sure I'm way off on some stuff, but from what I've been seeing in this forum and the vendor search the following seems to be some of the more valuable properties. Any guidance on the list would be greatly appreciated. Also I've attached an image of the items I have that I felt might be worth something. Some price checks would be awesome. I know it's a big list, but even giving me a price on 1 thing would be really helpful. I'm not just looking for huge sales of like tens of millions. Tens of thousands would be fine too!

Seem to be valuable:

Enhance Potions 10+

Hit Chance Increase 10%+

Swing Speed Increase 5%+

Defense Chance 15%+

Damage Increase 10%+

Luck 100+

Most Combat /Mage Skills 15+

Splinter +10%

Hit Point Lower Defense?

Hit Point Regen?

Low Reagent Count15+

Thanks!

PriceCheck_10052018.png

Clementine

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
None of these items have any value.

The new loot system is confusing, but here is a rough guide to get you started.

1. Cursed items are worthless
2. Antique items are probably worthless. The exception is for PvP legendary jewelry. This has a hard requirement of enhance pots 25+ and probably includes dci, hci, skill inc, fc, fcr, ssi, di and stats. These pieces are rare, but often go for obscene sums.
3. Brittle legendary armor pieces can be worth a lot of money. Even greater artifacts with the right mods can be worth something.
4. Splinter weapons can be worth money, but in the vast majority of cases they need to be "clean" (not brittle, cursed or antique. Prized is fine. If its a good item, people may overlook 125 str requirement and 50 stones). The weapon type matters a lot, but people like to see lower d and hit spell. For slow weapons they also want ssi. Lotta demand for good splinter weapons that have spell channeling. Amazing splinter weapons often drop off of low level monsters (like a deamon, or a dragon) but the chances of pulling something good is pretty low.
5. Some items with left over imbuing room can be worth money, especially in cases where the mods are not imbuable or are at higher intensities than what is available via imbuing. For example, if you pulled a bracelet with 10 ssi and 20 dci then people would pay a lot for it because they can't imbue ssi and they can't imbue dci beyond 15.

Someone should write a better guide. These forums see a lot of these kinds of posts.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Previous posters guide us very accurate. I'll just add that pieces with Stam increase 10 are valuable, jewels with 40+ skills (per piece) and other mods, and luck 150 pieces (which can be enhanced to 190). If you are trying to make some gold, I'd suggest champ spawns or navrey (drops tangle and sampire can solo). What shard are you on? If your on atl I can help you out.

Sent from my XT1609 using Tapatalk

Garavon

Adventurer
None of these items have any value.

The new loot system is confusing, but here is a rough guide to get you started.

1. Cursed items are worthless
2. Antique items are probably worthless. The exception is for PvP legendary jewelry. This has a hard requirement of enhance pots 25+ and probably includes dci, hci, skill inc, fc, fcr, ssi, di and stats. These pieces are rare, but often go for obscene sums.
3. Brittle legendary armor pieces can be worth a lot of money. Even greater artifacts with the right mods can be worth something.
4. Splinter weapons can be worth money, but in the vast majority of cases they need to be "clean" (not brittle, cursed or antique. Prized is fine. If its a good item, people may overlook 125 str requirement and 50 stones). The weapon type matters a lot, but people like to see lower d and hit spell. For slow weapons they also want ssi. Lotta demand for good splinter weapons that have spell channeling. Amazing splinter weapons often drop off of low level monsters (like a deamon, or a dragon) but the chances of pulling something good is pretty low.
5. Some items with left over imbuing room can be worth money, especially in cases where the mods are not imbuable or are at higher intensities than what is available via imbuing. For example, if you pulled a bracelet with 10 ssi and 20 dci then people would pay a lot for it because they can't imbue ssi and they can't imbue dci beyond 15.

Someone should write a better guide. These forums see a lot of these kinds of posts.

Thanks a lot for the replies. Ok so cursed and antique are basically worthless, that should save me a good bit of trouble right there. It sounds like I have some of the properties on my listed items but they need more quality properties to be worth something. What about #20 for example Splintering 20% with 100 luck is that just a matter of needing more properties as well? Also when searching the vendor list I found several items that were going for a lot that only had 1 property. Not sure if these were just priced badly or if theyre set high to prevent them being purchased for some reason? For example I saw (HCI 15 + SSI 10) asking 12mil, (luck 150) 33mil, (EP 35) 25mil. Are these just crazy prices no one will pay?

What should I be doing with magic items then? I tend to take anything that’s greater magic item or higher, should I be taking artifacts only or even skipping items and only going for gold for anything less than dragons? I’ve been fighting a lot of Titans, Cyclops, Tsuki Wolves and Artic Ogre Lords. Should I even be worrying about items on them? Can I throw these items on a vendor for 500 – 1500 a piece or something or would they just sit there?

Thanks again for your help! Trying to get an idea for the market and a lots changed.

Garavon

Adventurer
Previous posters guide us very accurate. I'll just add that pieces with Stam increase 10 are valuable, jewels with 40+ skills (per piece) and other mods, and luck 150 pieces (which can be enhanced to 190). If you are trying to make some gold, I'd suggest champ spawns or navrey (drops tangle and sampire can solo). What shard are you on? If your on atl I can help you out.

I am on Atlantic and we can def meet up. Been doing ok on gold, been slaying titans, cyclops, Tsuki wolves with my tamer. I have a couple 100k and just found a nice plot of land and built a house. I've been going solo aside from occasionally being joined by my gf who's completely new. It'd be cool to hit some more difficult spots with someone.

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks a lot for the replies. Ok so cursed and antique are basically worthless, that should save me a good bit of trouble right there. It sounds like I have some of the properties on my listed items but they need more quality properties to be worth something. What about #20 for example Splintering 20% with 100 luck is that just a matter of needing more properties as well? Also when searching the vendor list I found several items that were going for a lot that only had 1 property. Not sure if these were just priced badly or if theyre set high to prevent them being purchased for some reason? For example I saw (HCI 15 + SSI 10) asking 12mil, (luck 150) 33mil, (EP 35) 25mil. Are these just crazy prices no one will pay?

What should I be doing with magic items then? I tend to take anything that’s greater magic item or higher, should I be taking artifacts only or even skipping items and only going for gold for anything less than dragons? I’ve been fighting a lot of Titans, Cyclops, Tsuki Wolves and Artic Ogre Lords. Should I even be worrying about items on them? Can I throw these items on a vendor for 500 – 1500 a piece or something or would they just sit there?

Thanks again for your help! Trying to get an idea for the market and a lots changed.
I'm assuming the 15 hci 10ssi was jewelry. 10 ssi can't be imbued on jewels, no ssi can. 10 is the max you can get on a jewel, and it has max hci but more importantly it's has no other mods (this leaves 3 spots left to imbue what the buyer wants). The 150 luck piece can be imbued to 190 luck (which is the max). And EP35 is the max for jewels, so if it's clean 4 more properties can be imbued to it. You can only imbue 25EP max.

But ya I'll mssg u tomorrow on here, I'll try and take you somewhere harder and try to fill u in.

Garavon

Adventurer
I'm assuming the 15 hci 10ssi was jewelry. 10 ssi can't be imbued on jewels, no ssi can. 10 is the max you can get on a jewel, and it has max hci but more importantly it's has no other mods (this leaves 3 spots left to imbue what the buyer wants). The 150 luck piece can be imbued to 190 luck (which is the max). And EP35 is the max for jewels, so if it's clean 4 more properties can be imbued to it. You can only imbue 25EP max.

But ya I'll mssg u tomorrow on here, I'll try and take you somewhere harder and try to fill u in.

Awesome looking forward to it