• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Retibution

• Thread starter Gwendar-SP
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Gwendar-SP

I just went to the test center for retribution and read the book. Questions I came up with are:

Will I have to stop playing UO until the nonsense is over?

How long with the insanity last?

Will one still be safe in guard zones or like war will it be everywhere?

I get so close to quitting this game.

E

Emil IsTemp

Out of all the towns.. is it so much to ask for to destroy Luna?

Destroying Mag was a shame.. A dirty dirty shame.

P

Prince Caspian

Luna. You'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villiany.

G

Gwendar-SP

I just never know what's going on....... what book?
Go to the test shard for retribution. There is a fountain east of the bank. in the center is a book - read it. Says pub 54 will be an all out war between those who choose to follow the shadow lords (the thing that is happening in glow right now in the pit where you get the glass dagger for choosing to follow) and everyone else.

Factions are always at war - faction folks can be attacked anywhere. Guild can go to war with the same results. All out war implies to me that for the duration I won't be able to get BOD or anything else until the "event" is over.

P

packrat

I agree.. Make Luna the next pit. Drop luna and make it a desert.

R

Repo

Man, I just don't even know what to think about all of this...

All out war? Meaning anyone could be attacked at anytime? I know people have been asking for more danger for years... but I'm not sure how I really feel about this. I've taken a couple of characters to see Andrew, and I'm glad I used ones who can defend themselves...

This really reminds me of the days of Order vs Chaos - but now this could be open season on everyone? I sure hope there's a way to renounce your alliance, or to find a safe zone. Otherwise, yeah... I might just limit my play to times when I know I can be ready to defend my life. (Which is much less than I currently play now... )

So, I guess my suggestion is above - please include a safe zone, and / or a way to renounce or change your alliance.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Hmmmm .... went to test ... tried new haven first .... east of bank ...
no fountain, no book ...
CONtribution statue .... but no book

buy a compass and get the coordinates ... of this book ...
or maybe a city where this bank is located? humm?
special "command" or bag that it is in?
a gate? an NPC?

Just saying ...
Not like it would be the first time someone was practicing some "creative writting" ....

SLAPS HEAD !! DOH !

Go to the test shard for NAMED retribution. There is a fountainCONtribution statue east of the bank. in the center is a book - read it. Says pub 54 will be an all out war between those who choose to follow the shadow lords (the thing that is happening in glow right now in the pit where you get the glass dagger for choosing to follow) and everyone else.

Factions are always at war - faction folks can be attacked anywhere. Guild can go to war with the same results. All out war implies to me that for the duration I won't be able to get BOD or anything else until the "event" is over.
the book reads:
(added emphasis mine)

Title: Focus Group testing
By: The UO Team

What is 'Retribution?'
This test center is a special shard where only members of a private focus group can walk around freely (Added {by me} aside ... there is also an instruction gump that comes up informing you that you cannot go any farther than where you are .... Unless of course your a member of the Pub 54 focus group ..)

Everyone else is, unfortunately, trapped in the center of New haven.

What is the focus group for?
This focus group is for the "Council of War" plot arc, which includes current events up to and including Pub 54.

What is pub 54?
Publish 54 will feature a full scale war between the followers of the Shadowlords and everyone else. It is not limited to factions, but will definately involve them.

How do I join the group?

Email: jdalberg AT ea DOT com
Subject: Council of War
in clude:
Real Name
Account Name(s)
System spec
Handle/nick
Why you think you should be a part of our testing.

Thanks!
- The Team

*shakes head, wags finger, bites tongue, raises hand to god ...*

damn! Gwendar-SP .... whats that "SP" stand for ...

*walks off chuckling*

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure that given the history of this game, if you don't want to participate you won't have to.

G

Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP .... whats that "SP" stand for ...

There is a slight difference between Siege and all out war. If the war is between those who accepted and those who didn't then it could split guilds/alliances.

Trammel --------------------->

...la
Sounds like this will affect both Fel and Tram.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you honestly believe the devs would risk the horde of complaint if people had any risk while playing in Trammel? Please. It'll nver happen. It's like all of the calls to nerf the taming profession. Pfft, never happen, the devs love them too much...la

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They will never get an amazing outcome out of thier 'focus groups' with they way they accept players into it.

I can't believe they think they are going to someone restore pvp in general let along pvp in factions over this 'event'.

If anything some random people may pvp during the event if they are FORCED to. But the people who don't pvp now, don't because, well, they don't want to.

They made thier mistake introducing trammel, and then years after, introducing a complete item based game, where most players couldnt obtain those items to be able to even compete... (Especially during 4/6 lol...)

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no reason to jump to conclusions about anything yet
i dont think anyone would be forced to do anything if they didnt want to

Ylias Tendris

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh dear.

It's Test center and it clearly states:

FOCUS GROUP

isnt it meant to test PvP changes etc. ? Nothing says it goes live to production shards.

You dont need to get upset on every occasion folks

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont see the problem, the war is also now on trammel monsters in cities. and faction players can attack each other in trammel, where is the problem? is like chaos and order in former times. who dont wants to pvp dont need to pvp in trammel.

G

Gwendar-SP

Oh dear.

It's Test center and it clearly states:

FOCUS GROUP

isnt it meant to test PvP changes etc. ? Nothing says it goes live to production shards.

You dont need to get upset on every occasion folks

The book says it is for pub 54. Those who accept the direction of the shadow loards against those who don't. Read the book.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The book says it is for pub 54. Those who accept the direction of the shadow loards against those who don't. Read the book.
But does it say anywhere in the book that anything they implement on test Retribution will definitely be in Publish 54? Also, I haven't really been following this whole scenario thing for my own reasons, but aren't all the red monsters and crap spawning all over the place "followers of the Shadowlords"?

I kind of agree with Rico (for a change) in that the Devs aren't going to make it out to be non-consensual PvP in the Trammel facets for the simple fact that they most likely don't want to have to deal with the absolute ****storm that would come about on the boards over it.

Finally, and I hope you don't get offended easily, as I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you play on Siege, right? Wouldn't that obviously mean you can take care of yourself in PvP situations and/or have at least some experience in it? I'm just not grasping the connection here as to why your upset about being attackable anywhere when you already play a shard where you can be attacked anywhere.

G

Gwendar-SP

But does it say anywhere in the book that anything they implement on test Retribution will definitely be in Publish 54? Also, I haven't really been following this whole scenario thing for my own reasons, but aren't all the red monsters and crap spawning all over the place "followers of the Shadowlords"?

I kind of agree with Rico (for a change) in that the Devs aren't going to make it out to be non-consensual PvP in the Trammel facets for the simple fact that they most likely don't want to have to deal with the absolute ****storm that would come about on the boards over it.

Finally, and I hope you don't get offended easily, as I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but you play on Siege, right? Wouldn't that obviously mean you can take care of yourself in PvP situations and/or have at least some experience in it? I'm just not grasping the connection here as to why your upset about being attackable anywhere when you already play a shard where you can be attacked anywhere.
I am a craftsman on Siege so am a pushover in a fight. A serious all out war would mean that I wouldn't be able to do any of my normal activities. Guess I could haul out the superdragon but I generally don't fight people. Much to the surprise of many, PvP isn't required on Siege. I have been living there quite happly for over 6 years. Indeed one can be attacked anywhere but it is not a completely lawless land. If players were at war like faction or guild wars this would change.

This focus group is for the "Council of War" plot arc, which includes current events up to and including Pub 54.

What is pub 54?
Publish 54 will feature a full scale war between the followers of the Shadowlords and everyone else. It is not limited to factions, but will definately involve them.
You can currently become a follower of the Shadowlords in Moonglow at the blackrock pit or refuse and die.

Since most people that play UO live in Tram, I'd think the threat of "all out war between players" which the book mentions would be a concern of most players.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what is said does not mean that players will be attacking players in trammel, it only reads..
full scale war between the followers of the Shadowlords and everyone else. It is not limited to factions, but will definately involve them...meaning! if you want to be killing players you would be in a faction..if you would like to only kill the monsters (pvm) you would not join a faction im guessing...no one will be forced to do anything..and im sure you will be able to do the things you normally do