• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Results of March 14 Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thank you everyone for your patience!

We have completed the major maintenance scheduled for March 14th. A few small things caused us to delay the maintenance on the content sections (stratics.com, uo2.stratics.com and uo.stratics.com). Maintenance for these will commence on March 21.

What has happened is that we've done some major file and database maintenance for the forums as well as our content sections.

Then, we have organized the boards; moving all non-UO boards into Other Games, and making the major UO boards top-level selections.

When you enter http://stratics.com, you will now be directed to what has been the "uo2" domain. Your bookmarks for the uo2 domain will still work, but you will noticed the url will be "stratics.com/-----".

If you incur any wonkiness, strangeness, or errors, please post them here to this thread. This thread will stay open until March 21st.

We do not expect any more major maintenance on the Forums for another month.

What is still being worked on:
  • StraticsPro
  • Streaming
Thanks again for your patience and continued support!

Stratics Staff

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I see there now are link to the old guild forums too under the shard forum, don't think that was there before.
Who from Stratics should we contact now, for changes to access and moderators?
I have 2 forums for Newborn on Siege, NEW2. I took that guild down a month ago so I will ask, that both forums get closed and hidden. https://stratics.com/community/categories/uo-siege-perilous-shard.612/
We now have 2 kind of guild forums, this old ones and the new community forums.
The old ones are great guild forums but hard to admin both for the guild leader and Stratics as the guildmaster can't add members and admins him self and set setting for public/private access
The new Community Forums give full control to the guildmaster but do miss a public wall, where non members can post and interact with the guild/community. I do see a problem in adding that but if the guild/community leaders had to approve non members posts or had the option to silent a poster on the public wall, I believe it could work. This forums also have event calendar, I love that.
However, where we now easy can find old kind of guild forums for the shard, the new community forums need to be sorted in shards and linked in top of shard forum just like the old one. That would improve them a lot.
Thanks for all, your new Stratics people do for us, you are helping us building our worlds

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
@Zuckuss @Oscar the Grouch and myself (@Kirthag ) are forum administrators.
You can PM any of us, or all three, for things you need done with Guild Boards.

am having to rebuild the caches so that the board re-ordering will apply better.

*added to edit*

When you say "new community" are you talking about the new site being built? That is not Stratics and the posts all made by Nexus may not all apply as the focus has changed a bit for the new site.

I'm sure once Ron Bron and the team working on the new site gets things finalized, they will post new, relevant information here. :)

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The actual professions seem to be missing under the "Professions" tab. And I had to use an older link to reach my shard's forum since I couldn't find it under the "Shards" tab.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
yes.
that is the "wonkiness" we are experiencing. we are working on it. Thanks!

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
okies - fixed the wonkiness!

Now, when you click on a category tag, it will take you to that category! yay! :cheerleader:

There are still some individual boards that will move around, and some low-activity boards will most likely be merged together. We are going to scrutinize the Guilds Services, and look hard at how events are presented on the forum.

Thanks everyone for your patience! If you have issues with the forum, please comment here. @Zuckuss @Oscar the Grouch and myself will be keeping tabs on this specific thread until it closes.

Have a most wonderful day!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Will we get back the thread where players can post questions/requests for the Devs to consider?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
You can posts questions for the devs here: https://stratics.com/community/categories/developer-boards.3/

Keep in mind that everything is moderated before it is displayed, and the only people who will allow messages/posts be displayed are the Devs of Broadsword themselves. Some answers might be in PM, other publicly on their boards. Depending upon how the particular board is operated.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can posts questions for the devs here: https://stratics.com/community/categories/developer-boards.3/

Keep in mind that everything is moderated before it is displayed, and the only people who will allow messages/posts be displayed are the Devs of Broadsword themselves. Some answers might be in PM, other publicly on their boards. Depending upon how the particular board is operated.
Is anyone still moderating the Bug Tracking forum? Do you know if Misk still checks it?

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Bug Tracking is managed by the Broadsword Devs.
I am not positive if Misk is still checking.

Ron Bron will be having discussions with Broadsword about a lot of things. I'll ask him to mention the Developer section of the forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.