• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Restoring Previous Desktop Folder (resolved)

C

Cinnamon

I've recently reinstalled UO and am attempting to restore my UO Desktop folder and cfg file from my previous installation. It's been a long time since I've done this, but I used to do it all the time and I don't recall ever having trouble with it before, it was always just as simple as copying the old folders into the correct places of the new installation.

But for some reason, it's not working this time. I don't know if I'm just blanking out and overlooking something simple, or if there's something different in the current version of UO that doesn't allow this. I'm using the classic client, UO 9th Anniversary Edition. Will be happy to update with any other pertinent data.

Update: found problem #1. I didn't realize that what we used to call the "desktop" folder is now located in documents and settings. So I copied the files there. But it's still not working.

Another Update: Tried to delete this post but I don't see how. I have resolved my own problem, I have multiple accounts, all I did was switch to a different account and back again, and now the macros & all other settings work on all accounts. I have no idea why this worked, but it did and I guess that's all that matters... admin please feel free to delete my silliness.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Another Update: Tried to delete this post but I don't see how.

Click the Edit button and once it shows the Edit Screen, click the Delete & Save buttons above the Reason for Editing bar.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Specifically, you will meed to hit the "Go Advanced" button if not set to always use the advanced editor, to get the delete area.