• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resto Druid = Tank Healer?

Elm

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so recently i have been testing out different builds while i have been playing in the beta and testing their effects since respec only costs 1 copper.

I thought i would try moving my druid over, he is ungeared past the thick dreg armour and is level 63.

I decided to spec into the resto tree to test out how their healing would be with the tree spec so spent all my points here...

Went into Terokkar Forest and decided to find a group of 3 orcs... using only my Gift of the Wild and Thorns enabled i waded in and just healed myself.

I never attacked the orcs in any way.. just stood there letting them pound on me. For the experiment i tried to heal myself at the 1k health mark and ONLY used the 3 HoT's available (Regrowth, Rejuvenation and Flourish). I never used Healing Touch, Lifebloom, Swiftmend or Natures Swiftness at all.

Here was the effect: Click here to watch higher quality
or Lower Quality
[youtube]1qa8c1DGXMs[/youtube]​

Only reason i died was i wasn't paying attention and started casting too late... there was no kickback from the attacks to cause me delays... if i either attacked any of the orc i think they would have died or if i managed to heal in time i would have 3 dead orcs from suicide as thorns would have killed them :)

L

Lord Abernathy

Hehe, yeah, restore druids are pretty tough to take down, gotta love those HoT spells...that's why i love pvp as restore druid, very hard to take down, usually takes a while and require 2 or more people.

D

Devilengine

I remember when druids were maligned and underpowered; terrible at everything they did. **** poor tanks, inefficient healers, and horrible nukers. How things have changed.

T

The Barista

Heh, yeah that's why I stopped playing my druid and went with a paladin and a hunter. Now druids are beefy but I dont want to have to gear all the way up again (my guild moves slow)