• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Atlantic Rest in Peace XxWonderbreadxX [*VK*]

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I logged into a Captn Norrington Facebook account I have for the first time in a few months...and this was an unpleasant discovery.

He was 24 years old, and had been in my guild on Atlantic for about 10 years. I literally watched him grow up in my guild, and despite only being 14 at the time of joining, he was truly one of the most friendly, kind, and overall beloved members out of the 5,000+ people who have been in the guild. He died of suicide, while in a hospital, exactly one month ago. I would never have expected this...he was always so upbeat and positive the entire time I knew him. I'm glad the guild and I had the chance to play together with him, but he'll be missed very much. Take this as a reminder that UO players are real people in the real world, too, and our actions in-game can have consequences that are farther reaching than we know, both positive and negative.

Rest in peace XxWonderbreadxX.

Untitled.png Untitled2.png

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Something goes wrong if such young people dies own-handed.

I can understand your pain and wish his family and friends All the Power to live without him.

I am not an english native speaker and have problems to find the right words in Such a tragic Situation.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is such terrible suffering today and we don't know what people are carrying within them. We just see the pixels wielding weapons and commanding their pets. Just a reminder that if you know someone that is depressed or having suicidal thoughts help them find help if you can. There are suicide hotlines that can help too. My heart goes out to this young soul, his family and friends.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I didn't know the guy but when you put a face to the name it's hard to ignore the pain hearing this about a fellow UO player. I feel for his family and friends.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
And shame on the medical professionals, medical systems, and possibly everyone associated with this unfortunate individual, to recognise the potential for such devastating consequence to this extremely young life! Potential suicide is a fact of life, and lots of people choose to be blinded to and refuse to see the signs of, unfortunately.

Delthor

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
May this poor kid Rest In Peace and prayers to his family. You can always talk to an EM or Mesanna and try to get a grave stone made for him, to honor his memory.