• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ress a pet - Skill loss

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a char who has a vollem. To ress it the veterinary (npc) says to me that there is a skill loss.
Ok, but if i train my pet the skills raise again?
Or the skill loss is forever?
Sorry for the simple answer but i've tryied to make a search and i found nothing :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi Nystul!!
There is only skill loss, not stat loss, isn't it?
Normally i use tamers. If i ress my pet by myself it lose 0.1 in all skills. But stats are unchanged.
It is the same also for a vollem ressed by the vet trainer?
My vollem never lose stats? I mean permanent?
Thanks

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You only loose 0.1 skill from rezzing done by player or NPC Vet. Stats never go down.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a problem.
I have a vollem. Every times it dies i go to the vet ( normally at Te Mur) but all the time it say to me "That creature's spirit lacks cohesion. Try again in a few minutes".
I try to ress it many time but i can't. Only a real tamer can ress it. Why?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a delay of several minutes (5 or 10 maybe) after your pets death before a vet-npc will ress your pet.Those npcs are for players that are really not able to find another player for pet ressing.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My char is a mule with imbuing. Only magery. No skill of taming at all, no lore, no vet.
I try to train the vollem to use the queen's soulforge :)
Do you mean that when the pet die i have to wait some minutes before the vet ress it?
I don't understand why :(
I think it's a stupid thing, in pvm and when you play solo

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The information on pet resurrection by npc:

http://uo.stratics.com/php-bin/show_content.php?content=31023

It was done that way to encourage people to still seek a tamer to resurrect their pet, or in the case of a tamer, to train vet. the npc vet is meant to be the last resort for people unable to find a player willing to rez.

However in practice I have found that when I take my dead fire beetle to Luna I get told to go wait at the vet and no tamer will rez for me.

A

A Rev

And if your too lazy to read, there is a timer of 5mins...ressing from a npc loses .2 skill points. Player res's you lose .1

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if your too lazy to read, there is a timer of 5mins...ressing from a npc loses .2 skill points. Player res's you lose .1
I'm not lazy. I don't understand english very well and for me it's difficult understand when there are a lot of things to read.
It's easier write in the forum. Sorry if i make a lot of questions but it's the only way to understand :confused:
Thank you for the other informations. I knew them but i appreciate your patience :)

A

A Rev

I'm not lazy. I don't understand english very well and for me it's difficult understand when there are a lot of things to read.
It's easier write in the forum. Sorry if i make a lot of questions but it's the only way to understand :confused:
Thank you for the other informations. I knew them but i appreciate your patience :)
I didnt mean to make it sound as though i was calling you lazy. Sorry if you thought that.

I just meant if you wanted some of the information and not all of the details.

[And for people who are lazy :)]