• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Resource/guide for amount of imbuing ingredients required?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wondering if there's a guide out there somewhere that shows how much of the various imbuing ingredients are required to imbue a certain property on an item. I'm guessing the imbuing gump must show it, but I don't have access to the game atm. My artificer is only around 70 skill right now and all he's done so far is unraveling.

For example, I know I need crystalline blackrock to imbue skills. But how much crystalline blackrock is required to imbue, say +10 in a skill vs +15?

Thanks for the help!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have seen, you need 10 of the special ingredient for maxuimum intensity properties. You will always need to use special ingredients for property intensities over 90%. As far as inbetween 90% and 100%, I don't know the specifics. I would guess it would depend on the property though, since different properties have different increments (ie. Luck goes 91, 92, 93).

At intensities below 90% you do not need any special ingredients. Using your example of +Skill, you can add up to +13 without the need for special ingredients, so no crystaline blackrock would be needed.

Stayin Alive,

BG

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At intensities below 90% you do not need any special ingredients. Using your example of +Skill, you can add up to +13 without the need for special ingredients, so no crystaline blackrock would be needed.

Stayin Alive,

BG
Ahhh...that's why I've seen so many imbued rings and bracelets for sale that only have +13 in skills. My miner/smith is working on digging up crystalline blackrock and the rate at which he finds them, together with your explanation, add up perfectly.

Thanks a ton BG!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crystaline Blackrock can also be used to make Abyssal Cloth (for the Mage Armor property), but my guess is most people just use leather armor. But you can still tailor items with that type of cloth.

Stayin Alive,

BG

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The spreadsheet seems interesting. Any suggestion how it can be put in a printable format ?

As it is, it is too large to fit on a page, several columns are left out.

Also, the middle columns "Success Chance Rates (As First Property Added to Non-Exceptional NPC-Purchased Item)" have no values indicated. This information is still not known that it is missing here ?

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The spreadsheet seems interesting. Any suggestion how it can be put in a printable format ?

As it is, it is too large to fit on a page, several columns are left out.

Also, the middle columns "Success Chance Rates (As First Property Added to Non-Exceptional NPC-Purchased Item)" have no values indicated. This information is still not known that it is missing here ?
Copy and paste the information into your own spreadsheet program, abbreviate each column (LRC, HCI, etc), tighten up the columns, print - problem solved.

As for the missing info, it's not that it's unknown - it's quite easily found. It just requires a person at 100 (GM, no power scrolls eaten) to enter for the first column, rinse and repeat with a 110 scroll at max skill, and finally, at 120. I ignored both 105 and 115, since both are pointless places to stop, and with the ease of obtaining a 120 scroll, 100 and 110 are pretty pointless as well.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Most Spreadsheet programs also allow you to print a table "to fit page size" (not sure of the proper term). Essentially, it will shrink a reasonably-sized table to where it will best fit on one sheet of paper.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been too lazy to gather it on Test Center and have generally just stayed away from imbuing and updating this spreadsheet until it seems like the devs have stopped messing with it. If anyone happens to have the missing information (perhaps just at the 120 skill level but not sure on other variables affecting success), I'll be happy to add it. And if you see information that needs to be changed, please let me know!