• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resource gathering still random?

• Thread starter originian
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
O

originian

So i just came back last week and started gathering some wood for the vesper museum.

but it seems all my old trees that i had marked for frostwood and heartwood are giving normal wood?

what gives? is resources yielding from trees change daily or something?

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So i just came back last week and started gathering some wood for the vesper museum.

but it seems all my old trees that i had marked for frostwood and heartwood are giving normal wood?

I'd explain but... it's much too painful.

:sad4:

Leaf

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Resource gathering is now random. All those old Runebooks are useless now. It's hit and miss with Lumber and Ore.

B

burnttrees

Wood and ore nodes now have a chance to randomly respawn with different resource types.
taken from publish 46

publish 46 its the fifth line from the bottom

it was said this was done to prevent scriptors from abusing the resource gathering system and to make the higher end woods frostwood bloodwood, and heartwood more rare ie less then 1% chance along with ore types agapite verite and valorite

N

Ni-

Resources such as Logs from Lumberjacking and Ore from Mining have been randomized. Each of the resource squares now can eventually respawn with a different type. I haven't calculated how quickly they change. It seems they stay there for a couple weeks or so. When i find an ore or wood type I need I'll still mark a rune and try to focus my gathering around that area until either the resource changes or I have enough of that resource.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Yes still randum but that's not all bad. I was lycky, yesterday I found a frostwood tree, it gave around 120 logs at each spawn, It took very long time for it to changes again so now I'm the happy owner of 3820 frostwood boards. I also found a bloodwood that gave me 760 logs before it changes.

Now I don't turnin my resources so for me it's alot and very nice. I never liked to have to jump around on the shard to get frostwood, I want to lumber my house or in this case my guildmembers house.

B

burnttrees

from personal experience i have seen spawn times go from once the tree is empty it respawns something different to once a week it was random also on what trees did this but i found 3-4 frostwood one day in a localized area and for a week was going back and nailing them and the ones around them then one of them changed and went random each time it ran out then gave blood wood for a couple of runs then random again so its kind of a hit and miss

p.s. i was doing nothing but lumberjack for about 2-3 weeks straight so i could gm fletching which is how i got this figured out