• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resists train?

T

tammi

Can resists be learned like skills/stats or what you tame it at is what you get? I am wondering if I am wasting my time working for the perfect pet or if I can just train it up. Honestly I am starting to feel like I'm wasting my time searching and should just get on with a single pet.

J

joblackjon

I believe any pet that has Resist can be trained up to 100.0 Resist.
But it is not easy!

Two training methods:

1) Disco the pet that is training Resist and Blue Train it against an appropriate caster pet (of course, you should never do this unattended because, while being highly productive, it is very illegal!).

2) Disco pet and cast an assortment of Para, Poison and de-buffs.

Do both of the above...forever!

Seriously... it is GMable.
I have at least 20 pets to prove it!

I

imported_zeroshade

no, unless they have below 40 (Phys, Fire, etc) then if you have gm resist spells then i believe they should have 40 those if im not mistaken

G

the elemental resists are what they are upon taming... magic resist (the skill) can be trained to 100 if it is below... fire steeds can have above gm magic resist after taming...

but again.. the elemental can not be altered..