• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resist

I

imported_GFY

I'm Ole' school. Back from the days when you couldn't leave town without being attacked and little blue tents were everywhere.

That being said, I still carry resist on all my characters.

I'm digging out my old swordsman and making a samurai. Is resist necessary on todays samurai? I play pvm and pvp. Is it necessary in either?

I

imported_Farsight

For PvM, I consider resist completely optional. The only thing I lose by not having resist is the time it takes for paralyze to break. Orange petals or vampire form work well against poison and paladins have a remove curse spell that is great.

The same could apply for PvP until someone realizes that you have no resist. Even though there are ways to break paralysis, I prefer to have resist, as it lowers the preparation time for fighting a great deal. I would say that with practice, resist isn't really needed, but as a starting PvPer, I wouldn't go without it.

On the other hand, I'm the type of player who avoids PvP when I can (not always possible as I do the occasional champ), so I may not be the best person to input on that note.

None of my samurai (I'm up to 3 now, a wraith, a vampire and a normal) have resist.

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only use resists for pvm whin im going to fight something with necro now with the changes to how resist effects bload oath it helps alot. But its one of thoughs things that you can stone and use it when you need to its not a MUST but it sure makes thing that use necro ezer to deal with.

I

imported_GFY

When you use resist what do you switch out on your soul stone?

I

imported_GFY

No healing or resist!

What is your temp, if you don't mind my asking uotrunks ?

The Real John

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
120 swords
120 parry
120 bush
120 anat
120 tactics
85 chiv
25 necro

and have stoned 120 resists for when I do guant.

M

Maximinus Thrax

For both PVE, I have found that RS is not necessary.

When I duel a mage, I have to be weary of getting para-fielded, but a trapped box will solve that.
A well timed evade will solve any combo that is attempted on you; throw in pots, healing, and confidence, and you should be fine.

The problems I have are managing everything.

If you're curious about my template it's now: 120- Bush/Parry/Fencing, 100-Anat/Heal/Tact, 60-Focus.

E

eolsunder1

well I would suggest trunks that you drop tactics and anatomy from 120 each to 100 each. There isn't a huge difference between the 2, and you'll save 40 points for something else.

Just use the weapon calclator to figure the damage difference between having 120/120 tactics/anatomy and 100/100 tactics/anatomy, there is only a miniscule difference.

I

imported_GFY

SOLO GRIZZEL!!!

I really have a hard time standing next to him with a group, I can't imagine sole!

How do you manage those darn puddles?

C

Connor_Graham

Connor is almost done with the remake on his template...

Only a few more Chiv to go and a couple of Anatomy points and it's off to Travesty.

C

Cygnas

Okay, I haven't been keeping up - working too many hours. What is your new template? Skills and stats, please!

C

Connor_Graham

This is the template:

120 Swords (For the use of radiant scimitar)
120 Tactics
120 Anatomy
120 Parry
120 Bushido
35 Necro
80 Chivalry

Str 100
Dex 125
Int 25

I

imported_Farsight

If I may be so bold?

Where did your healing go? OK, the answer to that is obvious, but the second question, which may help budding sampires choose their own template, is why?

I know why I dropped healing, but I run a wraith, which is a whole different story.

G

He's leeching more through the extra damage, which lessens the need for healing and making it almost useless. That is the same template I've been running on my soloer, the only time I ever change it is for Paroxysmus.

C

Connor_Graham

<blockquote><hr>

He's leeching more through the extra damage, which lessens the need for healing and making it almost useless

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly. This is the template that uotrunks uses, and is the one I was trying to figure out all this time. He's back now, and after the initial hiya's, I made sure to find out what that template was.

I haven't had a chance to test it out yet, but it's going to be very soon. I need 3 more points in Chiv and I'm ready to head to Travesty. I'm still failing a little too often on EoO, and don't want to go in until I can cast it more reliably. Other than that, I've gotten the Anatomy to 120 now, so it will be very soon. Hopefully the upcoming event will help me get to where I need to be.