• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Resist Settings on Cu

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a 599 HP untrained Cu that has the following resists and I need to know what the best resist settings would be.

Physical 54
Fire 32
Cold 80
Poison 49
Energy 80

Thanks!

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
with this,
80 phys,
and 75 fire.
that is all it has room for
(these are the most common damage, poison being the least. phys->fire->energy->cold->poison)

when you tame a dog, you really want resists for cold below 80, poison below 45, and at least 550 hp.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
with this,
80 phys,
and 75 fire.
that is all it has room for
(these are the most common damage, poison being the least. phys->fire->energy->cold->poison)

when you tame a dog, you really want resists for cold below 80, poison below 45, and at least 550 hp.
With cold below 80 and poison below 45, do you leave those low and use the points in other areas, there by having the resist cap less than 365?

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
just allows optimal resists, if you can get 45 poison and 80 cold, 80 energy, that would be optimal (for single target general use, i have average resists around 70ish on my main dog)

look thru old guides pawain did awesome writeups on this

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
pawain did awesome writeups on this
Some would disagree.

I prefer a pet with 80 phy, 80 fire, 80 energy if possible.

I leave cold where it is on a Cu and increase poison when possible.

I build my other general purpose pets with 80/80/ low cold/80/80 when possible.
All my Hiryus have 45 cold.
I fight in Eodon a lot. I do the Dinos for the Huntmaster Challenge often, so I like the poison resist.

I have pets that are built for a specific target such as Mel, Medusa, Corgul.
Those have resists that match the targets melee damage. I have never met a target that does significant spell damage to my pets. I think the only things I have not met are Paroximus and Exodus.

Unless the Devs decide to make high HP high damage mobs that do 50% cold 50% poison, my resist settings keep my pets alive. And if they do make that mob, I am covered on one of those damages.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
while some may disagree, you have done beginner general purpose builds on many animals.
specific tailoring of pets for targets is different, and takes someone with expirience, and min maxing skills to do.
(i have my main dog, like i said with resists in the 70s because of sentimental reasons, and i am lazy, so 1 pet to do most content, and it kills just fine)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Many Players just build a few pets. When you learn to use your pet effectively, you can do many things in UO that you could not do before the pet revamp. That is what I find fun with the pet revamp.

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
i get ya. i just cry a little when i see so many ruined pets fully scrolled out. so many people ruin pets, then try to sell them to get back the cost of scrolls.
all the time, and money wasted.