• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Residue use from 96-117?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have any idea? How many thousands is it gonna take me?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And you're how high now?

I only have to get to 117, because I have one SoT for imbuing now, hoping to get another one. Up to 99 now and I got that high off the 400 or so I had left after I got to 96. It slows down a lot then?

U

Ultima Weapon

Im at 120 now. I went to 118.5 cause i had some SOT's too.

G

guum

Since 96 I probably used 25k.
That sounds about right. I didn't keep track, but I had 8.5k saved up when they nerfed jingasa residue production, and I was right around GM then. That 8.5k got me to, I believe, about 113.

ACB1961

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That sounds about right. I didn't keep track, but I had 8.5k saved up when they nerfed jingasa residue production, and I was right around GM then. That 8.5k got me to, I believe, about 113.
I'll tell you one thing I got stuck at 119.9. Now, that sounds funny because you can always ggs it in a few hours. It was a new char & I didn't have more than 200 pts total. Here's how funny it really was. Around 400 successes, God only knows how many fails. That .1 of skill took at least 1500 jewels. It went really quickly as far as time, but it was amazing how expensive it was.

You have to figure on about 150 successes per .1 above 118. Sometimes you'll get .2 or .3 really quickly, and then it will stretch out to 150-200 successes per .1 on average.

It took so many jewels and so much essence & residue it was unbelievable. I was actually getting all the imbuing stuff I was using from monsters except for the jewels. No way I could get 25k amber anywhere, but the jeweler. I used essence to get 44 hit lower defense because I just get so much of it from the higher level mobs I kill.

I came up with a fairly inexpensive way of doing it for the higher levels. 40 di exc dagger 44 hit lower 44 dispel 8 energy then each major imbue was just 1 residue 1 citrine for luck. Its waay cheaper than some of the other methods.

Y

yorky

I know the feeling about expenses, the amount of money Ive spent from 50-85 must be in the region of 500k gold, when i heard that between 90-120 you spent 90% of your resources i gave up, i cant afford to train the skill, ive even tried mining the gems ... it would take me literally months of mining 10 hrs aday just to even get close to gathering that amount of gems not to even mention the residue. And then I heard about the so called nerf.. do the Devs even understand how excessive this skill is in comparison to every single other crafting skill?

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh good lord, I'm never gonna get enough residue.

S

Serine

I know the feeling about expenses, the amount of money Ive spent from 50-85 must be in the region of 500k gold, when i heard that between 90-120 you spent 90% of your resources i gave up, i cant afford to train the skill, ive even tried mining the gems ... it would take me literally months of mining 10 hrs aday just to even get close to gathering that amount of gems not to even mention the residue. And then I heard about the so called nerf.. do the Devs even understand how excessive this skill is in comparison to every single other crafting skill?
Hmm you dont need to use any gems from mining to get to 120 .

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hmm you dont need to use any gems from mining to get to 120 .
Serine, you can buy a book to mine NORMAL gems now, which are used. Some people have turned to mining the normal gems (not the ML gems) to lower their gem costs for training.

S

Serine

Serine, you can buy a book to mine NORMAL gems now, which are used. Some people have turned to mining the normal gems (not the ML gems) to lower their gem costs for training.
Ahh i did not know that :) Thanks for info . Thought he ment he used to bigger gems for gaining imbue . witch would be a waste of resources and gold . :eyes:

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Ender,

from 97-108 it took me 5k residues.This is certain and I have already posted this numbers in other thread.

From 108-108,8 I got 2 GGS aday for 4 days...

From 108,8-110, about 1k .Out of memory, did it yesterday.
From 110-111 ,about 1,3k .Out of memory, did it yesterday.
From 111-112 ,about 0,7k .Out of memory, did it yesterday.

Total from 97-112 ,8k residues and 8GGS.
Add about 1k if not GGS,makes total of 9k.

I have noted all residues and gems used since 97 and will post it when I have finished training.The method I use is tweaked from what is posted earlier.

Regards
The Scandinavian

Y

yorky

Ill look forward to your report Scandinavian, including your preferred method :)

My imbuer is on hold right now at 89 while i gather enough gold/residue to hopefully make it to 120, got about 6k residue stored so far.

Nukeworker

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well atm I am at 111 I didnt keep track in how many residue I needed but nevertheless I did some statistics. As I didnt buy any Magic residue (the other day I actually did buy 10k :) ) until recently I compared the ratio of magic residue and enchanted essence I get from slaying the Miasma. I unraveld 30 bags filled with appr. 80 items (If I hadnt taken the gold I could have taken more).
on Average I got 124 Magic Residue and 31 Enchanted Essence giving me an average ratio of 4:1. So as I have 2,6k of EE plus the 1k I spent for two 120 imbue scrolls that gives me 3,6k of Enchanted Essence I got from unraveling Miasma loot from 50 - 110 imbue. So if my statistics are relatively correct I burned up around 14400 of magic residue from training imbue to 110

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I got up to 101, and now I have 2 imbuing scrolls, only need to get to 114. Still going to take a lot of residue though :/