• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tech Help] Resetting KeyBindings post-patch.

F

Fink

I got three options when the EC split set-ups on a per-character basis: Legacy defaults, MMO defaults, or my own settings. I chose to retain my own and, naturally, it buggered up my key bindings for every single character. Now I have to go through each one and individually correct the problem.

Looking at the character data I see <KeyBindings> and <MouseOptions>. I gather I can simply copy these groups from one character to the next if I want identical settings? Just thought I'd check with you guys first. I could go and meddle with it myself, but I'd rather minimise headaches at this point.

O

Old Man of UO

I've been waiting for this exact information before I patch... still running without either of the last two patches. I don't know the answer, but what I plan to do is copy my character files before the patch applies, and then probably either try pasting the old back, or manually editing the files... for me that's faster than resetting all the key bindings in game.

F

Fink

I only just backed up my stuff a week ago, so.. I'm okay there.

I don't know why this couldn't have been handled better. What was ostensibly the proper choice wiped the settings it was supposed to preserve. :( ?

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok... to prevent the migration...
Before you enter the game as a character after the patch, open the settings file with notepad or wordpad.

Look for the following lines:
Code:
        <OverheadChat enabled="true" />
        <ScannedLegacyMacros enabled="true" />
Add the following after those lines:
Code:
        <QueriedLegacySettings enabled="true" />
If you don't have the ScannedLegacyMacros line, add that too (adding this one will block the "You seem to have macros for the 2D client, migrate them?" question).