• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Requested Passwords

• Thread starter imported_DutchAmerica
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_DutchAmerica

I have had several e-mails from 'EA' concerning my 'requesting' my password. I know my passwords and wouldn't have requested them so I've pretty much just deleted them and not responded in any manner.

I was wondering if anyone has had this occur recently?

And anyone reading this may want to be very careful of how they respond to 'supposed' emails from EA.

G

This is a new one... but no I have not heard anything on this. Thanks for the heads up Dutch

G

maybe next time you get one, forward it to EA so they can look into it also.

G

Weird... I belive that I had something like that, several days ago.. it could just be a late comer aswell, sometimes when I send a request, it doesn't get.. but who knows...

I

imported_DutchAmerica

<blockquote><hr>

Weird... I belive that I had something like that, several days ago.. it could just be a late comer aswell, sometimes when I send a request, it doesn't get.. but who knows...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm...with them doing all this cleaning up it coulda been a very very very late arrival.

I just deleted it and didn't make any attempt to follow any links provided in the email itself. I also intend to go in and change my password directly from the EA games site too.

G

That would be a wise idea. These messages could be benign - just another symptom of TSO's accounting system going berzerk; but they could also be triggered by someone attempting to gain access to your account.

G

Does the email contain your actual password? If so, it is probably coming from EA since that is how they handle the "Forgot Your Password" situation. If someone thinks their account name is what yours is, they can trigger this email. It will only go to the email address registered with the account. They assume it's their account, trigger the email, look in their mailbox, don't see it, try again, they're sure they remember their account name, curse EA, try again, etc. You end up getting some extra emails.

Note that the above applies to EA accounts. Stratics, the EA Land blog, and other related web sites have similar mechanisms (they usually don't just send you your password but give you a link to reset it). One of them could do a similar thing.