• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for UO.com

V

Vyal

Stupid man this site sucks these forums suck, you can't even load half the threads in IE or it crashes. I had to download Opera just to come to this site.

R

Rubican

I do miss the old MYUO boards.

Perhaps there is a bit of hope, I hear they recently created boards for there Warhammer lovechild even after some bigwig proclaimed his dislike for them.

T

Tazar

...you can't even load half the threads in IE or it crashes. I had to download Opera just to come to this site.
First off, It sounds like a problem on your end to me. I use Firefox myself, but I know many, many people that use IE and have not heard of such a complaint in ages. That said, have you used the "Contact Us" button at the bottom of the forum to let the admins know details of your issue? I'd recommend starting there.

Second, UO did cancel their own in-house forums way back around AOS or before. This allowed them to focus the forum resources on the game itself! At that time, Stratics was named the "official forum". I believe that since then, EA has decided to not have any "official" 3rd party site associations, so currently, there is no "official forum". Stratics and other sites fill that gap!

Third, Since you provided no positive suggestions on how we can improve ("It sucks" does not give any real feedback), it sounds like a rant to me, so I am moving it to the appropriate forum.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does UO pay Stratics for this invaluable service that Stratics gives?
Without Stratics, UO would be almost unplayable. Everyone running around like chickens without heads.
INVALUABLE!!

V

Vyal

Taz these forums are trash man try to load up a big thread in IE and see what happens. AND LISTEN here UO.com NEEDS their own forums they don't need stratics at all to be honest with you.

I have never known a developer of games especially EA with the longest running MMO ever to not have their own forums.

V

Vyal

And why you moved my thread is beyond me buddy thats the number reason this site sucks the mods don't make any sense at all now no devs will ever see this thread thanks alot buddy you made my freaking day becuase man your just such a great mod to have moved my thread so devs will fo sho see it now.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
try to load up a big thread in IE and see what happens.
I use IE on my laptop to view the forums, and have never had a single problem. Same thing on the few occasions I've used IE at work.

T

Tazar

Taz these forums are trash man try to load up a big thread in IE and see what happens. AND LISTEN here UO.com NEEDS their own forums they don't need stratics at all to be honest with you.

I have never known a developer of games especially EA with the longest running MMO ever to not have their own forums.
Again... it seems to be a problem on your end... since you seem to be the only one complaining on this in ages...

Have you updated graphics drivers, flashplayer (darn ads) etc?

UO creating their own forums equals:

1.) More expense hiring mods, admins, etc taking resources away from the game.
2.) A more restrictive forum (yep - if you remember the old UO.com forum, you'll know what I mean).

Sorry, but it's not what I want - even if it meant I would not feel like I waste my time modding an unappreciative u-hall.

T

Tazar

And why you moved my thread is beyond me buddy thats the number reason this site sucks the mods don't make any sense at all now no devs will ever see this thread thanks alot buddy you made my freaking day becuase man your just such a great mod to have moved my thread so devs will fo sho see it now.
Threads are moved based on the forum rules... Negative stuff (gripes) with no positive suggestions will go to spiels and rants... positive stuff (can even be negative, but with suggestions for improvement) goes in U-hall. That's nothing new!

And if you are afraid that it will not be seen by the developers here, you might want to review the threads here. Notice how they are all griping and have nothing positive to contribute? Notice how they offer no reasons or suggestions? Just "it sucks" comments that tell no one anything? Why would a developer even want to read it? Totally unhelpful! You might even want to give logical reasons why UO could profit or prosper from it's own forum! That's the kind of thing that gets a developers attention. Even so, I often see developers reviewing the SnR forum. I even left a redirect in U-hall guiding them here for you...

If you want to give details on why you feel if sucks, then maybe Stratics can look at ways to make it better. We know we can not please everyone such as: the poster that gets mad because his post got removed for profanity, versus someone else who is complaining about the profanity...

Hopefully, this will help you with ideas on how to keep your posts where you want them, but if you still have questions, feel free to PM me.

Safe Journeys!

B

Beer_Cayse

IE 6 ... no problem
IE 7 ... no problem
Firefox 3.0.5 ... no problem
Firefox 3.0.6 ... no problem
Netscape (remember that one?) Communicator 4.78 ... some problems but not show -stopping.

Use hybrid or threaded mode vs flat ... or set your display to a smaller number of items to show ... all configurable in User CP up top.

T

Tazar

IE 6 ... no problem
IE 7 ... no problem
Firefox 3.0.5 ... no problem
Firefox 3.0.6 ... no problem
Netscape (remember that one?) Communicator 4.78 ... some problems but not show -stopping.

Use hybrid or threaded mode vs flat ... or set your display to a smaller number of items to show ... all configurable in User CP up top.
Great Info Beer Cayse!

Vyal also mentioned problems loading the larger threads... I believe there is also a setting in the user-cp that allows a member to set how many posts to show per page. Reducing this count may also be of help to Vyal.

Setanta

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GET SOME FORUMS ON YOUR SITE YOU STUPID NOOBS!

:yell::yell::yell:

Where have you been? They had forums for years and decided to drop them and send everyone here.

And, don't blame Stratics for the mess microslop made of IE, it crashes anytime you try to load something complicated.