• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for Information on Stealing

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,

I got the Stealther pretty much up and running.

I have

Hiding(100)
Stealth(100)

Stealing(50)

Magery(assume 100)
Focus(100)
Meditation(100)

There needs to be 100 in some other skills that I am not remember as I project the stated template to be above 650 skill points, real.

I asked about Poisoning after trying it on TC1. The replies were correct and I now understand how to use poison in this template.

My question is in 2 parts.

1) Is stealing really relevant (I am not big on being a thief and am rather apprehensive about investing in the skill). My Goal was to be able to go any where and mark runes etc.

2) If I were to raise Stealing, how would I? Is there a guide? I think I pretty much looked here in Stratics and couldnt really find one.

I am not going to steal from players, if I used it at all, it would be to steal spawns.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the information in the Rogue Profession essay is outdated by now, but the information regarding how to train stealing is still good. Scroll down a bit, it's in about the middle of the page.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/professions/rogue.shtml
Thanks that was what I was looking for.

You know what class trains Poisoning? Would it be Alchemy or would it be Thief.

Is the ability to steal something, say a Basket, determined by its weight? Or some other .... criteria.

UO Relic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poisoning in the old forums was under the Assasin forum.

For stealing - if your looking to get any of the stealable arti's from doom,dojo,etc then u need stealing to be GM or better. Not much use for stealing nowadays outside of that, with insurance and passive reveal if you get within a couple of steps of anyone it has made this a fairly dead skill for trying to grab others stuff

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Poisoning in the old forums was under the Assasin forum.

For stealing - if your looking to get any of the stealable arti's from doom,dojo,etc then u need stealing to be GM or better. Not much use for stealing nowadays outside of that, with insurance and passive reveal if you get within a couple of steps of anyone it has made this a fairly dead skill for trying to grab others stuff
*Looks Embarrassed*

While it was perfectly clear to me what I was asking ........

I really meant what class can I get training in poisoining in game from? I seem to remember it was a Thief.

N

Ni-

Try training Poisoning from an Alchemist. I can't remember for sure, but that seems the most logical. If not then look for a thief.

D

Devil_Woman

It's been a long time since I trained poisoning, but I think you are correct that thieves teach it. Look for a thief guildmaster. You generally get more points out of the guildmasters than the normal guys.