• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for Information, Guard Wacked Player and Hiryu in Luna.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok,

I have a Bronze Hiryu out looking to find it a home as I wasn't really interested in it. The Hiryu is Wonderfully Happy.

A player and the Hiryu all of a sudden get Guard Wacked.

The journal does not seem to indicate andything being said or cast.

The player states they did nothing.

Any one have any ideas on what happened?

C

Connor_Graham

If it was recently tamed and still showed up grey when you cursored over it if someone says "guards" it will get whacked. Same thing happened to a lot of people when trying to tame the Dread Horses.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If it was recently tamed and still showed up grey when you cursored over it if someone says "guards" it will get whacked. Same thing happened to a lot of people when trying to tame the Dread Horses.
It had been tamed the previous night and stabled. It had been in the court yard near the stables for oh say maybe an hour(?).

The Journal indicates two guards warped in. Presumably one for the player one for the Hiryu.

C

Connor_Graham

It's still possible it could have been grey if it was a recent tame and was stabled shortly after the initial tame. I had one of the Dread Mares stay grey after it was stabled, brought out, mounted, rode upon, then finally after feeding it again and giving it a couple more commands it's bar finally turned blue so it can happen. It's not normal for someone to say "guard" out by the stables, but if someone had a macro set to say all of the bank/stable key words in a single phrase while it was out there they could have summoned the guards with it unknowingly.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The pet had been standing beside me the entire time. It was Green/Blue.

Part of the puzzle is regardless of the afore mentioned thoughts/theories why was the player Guard Wacked?

While I have nothing to base this on, I am fairly certain it was something the player did.

The pet was NOT Bonded (obviously) and its death could have been ... disturbing (not in this case).

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe he accidentally whispered an all kill -last target command on a macro? I'm pretty sure that you can get guardwhacked if you tell pets to kill you when they're not guarding you first. Been a while since I tried it though ;)

Wenchy

H

HeathBar

Maybe this has something to do with it.

From FOF on uo.com
There is a known issue with aggressive pets tamed since Publish 54 getting guard killed. We are currently looking into this. By "aggressive pets" we mean nightmares, dragons and other such pets.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe he accidentally whispered an all kill -last target command on a macro? I'm pretty sure that you can get guardwhacked if you tell pets to kill you when they're not guarding you first. Been a while since I tried it though ;)

Wenchy
Ok, that is pretty clever :)

That would explain the player being wacked.

Then why was my Hiryu (I almost never to never have a pet guard me, and this pet was not guarding me) wacked?

Hum, unless maybe it was target nearest ...?

I could accept the Hiryu was the nearest object to the player.

If so that would be a pretty .... interesting griefing device. Hang out at the Stables and determine a pet is NOT bonded and do that trick.