• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Request for an improved Naturalist quest

S

Sharantyr

Most will probably agree that running the Naturalist quest over and over can get a bit boring so how about an improvement. Something like.....

Go to the Naturalist and get the quest but to be able to do the quest you need to gather some items first. Magnifying glass, sample jars and a canvas.

Part 1
Magnifying glass. You would have to go to moonglow to an NPC lensmaker who would be in one of the buildings just south of the telescope. He will make you the magnifying glass if you bring him some special sand which can only be found on the island Reg Volom.

Part 2
Sample jars. These you would have to get from an NPC in the Gargoyle city. He could ask you to deliver a crate of glassware items to an NPC in the lakeshire (Meer) town in return for the jars.

Part 3
Canvas. An Artist NPC found in the Twin Oaks Tavern will supply you with the required canvas if you get for him some mushrooms from the mushroom cave.

Part 4
This would be the usual running through the solen hive gathering the information.

Reward. A bag of 8 or 10 random seeds. pink, magenta and aqua from the 4 nests and white, black and fire from the 5 nests.

Most of this would mean having to travel with little recalling.

Well, was just a thought.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I like it the way it is, don't changes it.

L

Lesa

ewww....no, sorry i would not like that at all. it would be even more boring. the fun part is growing and crossing the plants which takes long enough time.

L

Lady Vivian

I would not be in favor of changing the quest. Would much rather just get it over with quickly so that I can plant, grow, cross etc. as that is the part of gardening that I enjoy. Please don't change it.

S

Sharantyr

So spending an hour doing the same quest over and over for 8 to 10 seeds is that much different than doing a quest chain for an hour to get 8 to 10 seeds?

F

Flora Green

I wouldn't want to run all over, but I hate the naturalist quest so a reward of 8-10 seeds, even 5, would be an improvment for me despite requiring a little extra work. Count me as a supporter.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the idea has merit for future uses and more exotic plants. But as it is with the current rewards and the length of time to grow, I'd leave it as is for now.