• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

request about thread drop rate.. on EVENT

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you use the threads?

I've spent almost all day .. and only gotten three threads. This is probably my old day I can spend more than 30 minutes playing until the event is over (if it ends this week)

J

J0KING

The thread drop rate is ridiculously low... I was on from the beginning until 5 in the morning straight hunting... I have about 5 cloaks, lost count of sword and shields and only one thread...

In response to the above post... how is one supposed to use the thread?

Only in the event that I hunt for 8 more hours and get another thread

H

Hoody

<blockquote><hr>

You're using them up too fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 3 in the morning ive been hunting these things non-stop since start of event stop playing mind games and tell us if we can use them
....... please?

G

I have like 6 threads of life, and 1 of fate. Had traded 1 of each for cloak, so i did have a couple more. The wisps that spawn the threads have the black bones when their corpse is animated by other wisps, or so I believe. They also seem to be a little harder to kill.

G

I wish they would turn up the drop rate I can't seem to get any.

I

imported_Cysphruo

<blockquote><hr>

any chance of telling us how to trade these threads in?

[/ QUOTE ]
if your refering to dragon slave, i think he was saying that he traded another player.

S

Sptfyr

hmmmm

So threads are hard to come by? Have about a dozen. But no cloak to speak of.
Guess some trading will be needed within the community.

G

I have 4 threads of life and 2 threads of fate 4 cloaks 31 shields 29 swords so far.

All cloaks I got from casting Armageddon on the shadowlords I find that casting three as fast as you can when it spawns redlines it and guarantees you a cloak when it goes down lol.

I also see that the wisps with the threads spawned early on today but as the day went on you could not find threads at all. I killed enough to be pretty damned sure of this.

The shields and swords seem to drop every time on the ethereal warriors. The rate is pretty high on them and would appear that they drop one each time I get about as many swords as I do shields.

C

Chango Pelon

I found being the first to cast the spell before any other damage guaranteed me a cloak EVERY time I did it. I am a wrestler and so hitting after is a non issue.

J

jelake

I managed to get a couple threads tonight. None last night, though. Everyone is jumping on every dark wisp that spawns immediately; they don't last long.

I stumbled across a shadowlord waaaay on the southwest corner of Moonglow among the trees and hills. I let him chase me back towards civilzation and waited for a couple of tamer's dragons to start hitting him before I spammed armageddon on him. Yeah he was at no health in less than 10 seconds but didn't die for a good 30 seconds afterward. Odd.

I did so much damage to him, my loot included the cloak, almost 10k in gold, about 100 spell scrolls, and about 30-40 armor, weapons, and jewelry; of which a lot were amazing. The corpse decayed before I had enough time to go through it all!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Its 3 in the morning ive been hunting these things non-stop since start of event stop playing mind games and tell us if we can use them ....... please?

[/ QUOTE ]

Jeeze the event started ONE day ago, and they already stated that the things there are to be collected are to be collected for a reason. Just let it play out, have a little patience.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

You're using them up too fast?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its 3 in the morning ive been hunting these things non-stop since start of event stop playing mind games and tell us if we can use them
....... please?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he was being sarcastic, as in why does the op want a ton of these things if there is no real use for them as far as we know.

I

imported_Sarphus

The thread drop rate is fine. You just have to really focus on dark wisps in order to get them. You get more than one for every 20 wisps and it's not hard to kill 20 wisps.

I'd rather see the threads be uncommon and see us get something nice for having acquired a lot of threads.

Granted, part of the reason I say this is that I have focused on getting threads and I don't want to see my effort trivialized by a needless buff to the drop rate.

It wasn't hard to get these threads. I just had to stay at it... instead of wasting my time killing berzerkers and getting more robes, I focused on the wisps and killed them as frequently as I could.