• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Reputation and not accepting quests

Lady Tia

Certifiable
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do we know that now you can not accept quests and not lose reputation? Gah I wish we could see what our reputation was at. I have done over 100 quests. At least 4 hard 6 part ones, many 5 parts and lots of 2-4 parts, have not gotten a fishing scroll yet. I would love to just be able to fish so I could build my stock back up. As it is, I get something every time that I am out of so it takes me a couple of days to fill the order.

(I have never refused quests and have only done 2 quests at once one time)

Any ideas?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Same problem here, I have done like 200 fishing orders with many 5 and 6-liners and only received 2 105s at all. No other powerscroll, period.

I am starting to think that some characters for some reasons are bugged to receiving powerscrolls since I hear of some players getting them easy, even if only 100.0 skill while I am having it practically impossible.

As in regards to what is bugging my character into receiving fishing powerscrolls, I have no clue and without any Game Master looking at my character closely, I probably am doomed at having to buy it from someone else, no matter how hard and for how long I may try to get one on my own.

That;s frustrating and sad, but that is unfortunately how it is as of now...

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Me too...70+ orders and not a single scroll yet :(

Doubleplay

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I felt the same way about not getting the 105 scrolls. Then one day out of the blue I got 2 of them in 1 hour and several since along with a 110 scroll. If you haven't gotten a 105 scroll yet, then ask around. They are of no value as far as I can see except to someone who hasn't gotten one yet. If you are on Sonoma, let me know. You can have my extras.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't received a 105 ps either, and have done over 150 quest......I am seriously thinking about soul stoning my fishing to another character and try that. But I did fish up a yellow polkadot bikini top finally with my mib's!

G

Gowron

I'm still not sure if it's hurting or helping me. I've so far used three methods to doing the fishing quests:

1. Fish one quest at a time: This got boring rather quickly, and I found it highly time consuming...

2. Gather as many quests as possible and then fill them with preference getting to multiple quests to turn into one port: This was how I got my 2x 105's, but started noticing a reduction in fish numbers if another quest had it already.

3. Gather quests one at a time until I got one that had 4 or more lines. This was how I got my 110.

I wind up turning down quests with the 3rd option while turning in quests, and it has seemed the few times that I've done this that the first quest to be accepted is a one liner ranging between 10-20.

I'm not sure, regarding game mechanics, if the results are going to be the same per person.

I think the Devs need to break this down a bit and answer these questions:
1. Is reputation supposed to be penalized for turning down a quest in addition to quitting a quest in progress?
2. Does reputation take a negative impact when taking on multiple quests, or is it just a matter of "fishmonger policy" that they reduce numbers on orders given previous committments of the fisherman?

Z

zarobhr

one thing i do notice is that typically when you get an order for lets say 10 bonito

your next order with bonito will be 15 and the next for bonito is 20 then back to 10 etc.

but if you have more than one unfinished order for bonito the amounts will be equal. mine are both at 15.

i will keep checking bonito and see if it still goes to 20 or jumps lower since i have 2 of the same

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe what we're not tracking is which monger is giving us what quests.
I just delivered a nice 6 liner to Papua from Vesper and got my 110 scroll. But I screwed up a delivery to Papua some time back and consistently get lesser orders from there - though gradually getting better. This one is a 4 line 15 lobster, 2x 20 shallow fish, 1 x 20 deep fish.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My gut feeling is that the devs intended us to do orders 1 at a time rather than bulk grab them. So I've stuck to 1 order at a time throughout. I've made a couple of mistakes and talked to the wrong NPC to complete an order, resulting in low orders afterwards. So I've been extra careful ever since.

For a while I was fishing more than turning in, but I fished while I was sailing between server lines and that soon got me ahead of things. Crabs and lobsters have driven me loopy, but at least those get me gains ;)

Wenchy