• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Vesper

Roleplaying the free peoples of Vesper

Share this group

Quick Overview

Category
RP
Language
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Republic of Vesper Elections

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As you may have already heard, the Empire of Vesper will be reforming back to the Free Republic of Vesper or the Northern Republic some know it as.
The Republic will consist of Vesper, Minoc, Cove and the surrounding provinces. It will be lead by a council of 5:

-The publicly elected Chancellor of the Republic, Governor of Vesper and head of the council.
-Governor of Cove.
-Governor of Minoc.
-Head of the Vesper Trading Company.
-Head of Security, the Redguard Commander.

Elections will take place in 2 weeks on Monday 23rd of April at the Gypsy Camp Next to Swaggers 8pm UK Time.

If you wish to run for the position of Chancellor of the Republic then you have until then to campaign! To put yourself forward then please declare yourselves below with your Name, Background and your agenda/plans for the Republic if you succeed.

ANY CITIZEN OF THE REPUBLIC CAN RUN FOR THIS POSITION WHETHER YOUR FROM VESPER, COVE, MINOC OR THE SURROUNDING PROVINCES.

ANY CITIZEN OF THE REPUBLIC CAN VOTE IN THE ELECTION.

Current Candidates:

Lord Octiovus of Cove
Theoden Westaman of Vesper
Billy Boots of Vesper
Esca Flowne of Vesper

Last edited:

adam brook

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
VOTE WESTAMAN

No one knows Vesper and her people as much as a true Vesperian. I stood by her when no one else did! I shall continue to do so. As you all know, I am not afraid to get my hands dirty and do what needs to be done.

I promise to make the citizens of the republic my best interest and ensure their safety from foes near or far.

Furthermore, free ale for republic citizens on Tuesday. To be funded by Westaman gold reserve.

Signed
Theoden Westaman

Sourpuss

Visitor
VOTE BOOTS

Billy Boot's Pollyseas:

*NO ELFS
*No Foreigners (ok, some foreigners allowed, but not badduns)
*All Ages allowed to drink booze
*Theo must wear a cork up his bum at all times
*Esca AKA Chestyclown must be deloused once a month
*Men caught drinking wine will be jailed
*No Suspicious sorts
*No Elfs
*Cove to be renamed "Stinkerton"
*Mandatory weekly "piss up" for all residents
*Club Stirling to be repurposed into a Orphanage
*Weekly fishing contest to feed the poor urchins
*All bridges must have a troll underneath

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vote Escaflowne!!!

I apologise for this late hour of declaring myself as a candidate, but after much thought I have decided that I would regret not putting myself into this race. I believe I still have much to offer this great nation!

You all know me, I served Vesper for many years but have only just returned after straying from you, my family. I know this will give many of you doubts of me along with the recent events between myself and Empress Anna Goodward. I take full responsibility for my mistakes, as that is what they were, I am not going to lie or run from it. Nothing happened how I planned and it was dealt with badly, I apologise for this and I have learnt from it.

I am only human and I know these mistakes are fresh in your mind's right now; but please take a moment to put that aside and think back to the good I have done for Vesper, and the experience I have to take on the role of Chancellor.

-I served in the Vesper Military for most of my life, and lead our forces for a good chunk of that.

-I served a term as Chancellor of Vesper in years gone by.

-I served as Governor of Moonglow for a term.

-I served as Governor of Minoc for a term.

All of this has given me the experience in politics and knowledge of Vesper and the Republic to allow me to carry out the role of Chancellor efficiently. All I ask is for a chance to show you, give me three months and if you are not happy with me then I will step down without question.

I want to restore us to the strong and united great Northern Republic once more! In the distant past Vesper, Cove and Minoc were united as the northern republic for 7 long prosperous years. I want us to have our own corner of the map carved out once more for the free people of all races to settle! I wish to review and change the current laws of the Republic to make them fair and just, not archaic with lashes as a punishment for everything! I'd like to restore the community service policy for prisoners of the Republic, make them work their punishment off!

I wish to attract more non human races to the Republic, perhaps even allowing orcs and Drow to enlist in the military further down the line. We must treat everyone equally and fairly, we must give all races the freedom to progress and better their lives. We can share our knowledges, cultures and technology for progression of the realm!

Now I know with the return of many Covians, you are unhappy with the rulership of Vesper over Cove. I'm sorry but I don't want to be an Emperor, that's not my business. I don't want to rule or conquer anyone. I should like to help everyone if possible; Vesparian, Covian, Minocian, human, Elf, Drow , Dwarf, Gargoyle or Orc. We all need to help one another, we need to live by each other's happiness, not by each other's misery. We don't want to hate and despise one another. In this free north there is room for everyone and the land is rich and can provide for everyone. The way of life can be free and fair! I wish for every sector of the Republic to have their say and voice heard; which is why in a weeks time I want to see a Covian and a Minocian win the governor elections of their respective towns and take their seat on the council of the Republic.

I know Cove and Minoc might wish for their independence, but now is not the time! Now is the time for us to stand together and work together to rebuild our great towns and the northern republic! I ask that we all allow one term of 6 months leadership of staying a united republic! Let us give it our best shot together! With equal voices all heard on the Council of the Republic! If after a term Cove and Minoc still wish for independence; If I am elected Chancellor I will start procedures peacefully and professionally to begin the transition!

To bring my statement to a conclusion I will address one final point. After much thought I will not be willing to step down as Redguard Commander if I am elected Chancellor. I have decided to drop everything else and give my full attention to Vesper to carry out both roles. In the essence of freedom and fairness I will not allow this to mean that I take up 2 seats on the council. I would assign the head of security council seat to a different high ranking military officer.

I know this is a big responsibility to take on but I give my word to give it my all. I only ask for a chance to prove myself. I won't ******** you or make false promises I cannot keep; with me at the helm I will give you the cold hard truth.

Thank you for your consideration.

[And yes I did incorporate and change a passage from the great dictator speech in there :p, was listening to it whilst writing this haha.]