• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reptalon skill caps?

C

controlfive

does anyone know what they are? also are the post-tame skill caps 10% lower than the pre-tame skill caps like in greater drags?

i just realized today that when pets use paralyze, poison, etc when you honor something, you get less honor from it. i thought it'd be fun to train a reptalon to use for honor farming. (if they kill faster than cu's, which is essentially what i'm trying to find out)

much love to anyone that can answer this.

T

Trinsie

A Perfect Reptalon fully trained is as follows.

500 Hit Points
512 Strength
125 Dex
290 Intelligence
65/45/45/65/85 Resists
150 Wrestling
137 Tactics
100 Resist
100 Anatomy

Remember this is perfect in a void world. Chances of finding one like this are astronomical.

This is what I got from a google search anyways... it really doesn't look completely right though... can they really have 150 wrestling?

Y

YuriGaDaisukiDa

i hear lots of people say they suck

I find it hard to believe that a 4 slot pet that takes over 100 taming can suck but thats what people say...

anyone know for sure how it compairs to a hiru, which is also a 4 slot mountable meelee pet

damage, resists, and hp

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I find it hard to believe that a 4 slot pet that takes over 100 taming can suck but thats what people say...

anyone know for sure how it compairs to a hiru, which is also a 4 slot mountable meelee pet

damage, resists, and hp
Okay so they are a 4 slot mount dragon. A fully trained one can have 120 wrestling if you are lucky to find one that is high to start with. Other than that, they are like ANY OTHER pet that will NEED a lot of attention and healing.

Better said, they don't have magic so they won't be healing themselves. If you want to be a lazy tamer then no a reptalon is not a good pet. You have to WATCH their life and keep their health up.

FULLY TRAINED, they are a formidable killer. The paralyze effect kicks in quite often and their breath damage is nice.

They are also a nice pet for Travesty.

ALL those things said, if you don't have a good vetting macro, don't bother.

You have to constantly keep their HP above 50% for them to be most successful. The reptalon is situational use, as are several other pets.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They definately aren't on par with the hiryu or the cu sidhe, but they do have spots they do better. Yes, they are very nice at Trav. Mine will net me more loot than my beetle/kitsune combo there. They did NOT do well against Sicarri when that was going on. I took mine down there and it died repeatedly in what wasn't harming my cu sidhe as much. Heck, my old regular dragon did better.

C

controlfive

oh yeah, they para blow. guess that kinda ruins my plan to use one for honor farming.

B

Boogieman

Firesteeds only require two slots so you can benefit from their pack instinct. They still suck though... Apart from the novelty value when they were introduced and every tamer with self respect would have one, I've only seen them used for bank sitting.

I'm not saying that reps suck, I only say it's non unbeleiveable :eek:

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Firesteeds only require two slots so you can benefit from their pack instinct. They still suck though... Apart from the novelty value when they were introduced and every tamer with self respect would have one, I've only seen them used for bank sitting.

I'm not saying that reps suck, I only say it's non unbeleiveable :eek:
Not to get off the topic, but firesteeds like Reptalon's are good as far as situational uses as well. That said, I agree with you I don't actually see a tamer that uses them aside from me. Not that I am the only one that does, but it's nice to have a dual vet macro setup for 2 fire steeds and then watch them take on most ice based mobs.

That said, most people just want an all around tank it type of creature to serve them as a pet. Me personally, I liken myself to other games that FORCE you to use other creatures...mainly due to the fact that some creatures are able to fight other certain creatures...BETTER.

I say I liken myself to other online games in terms of beastmaster, hunter or what have you because I LIKE to use various creatures based on the situation and circumstances.