• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reporting findings: Pet commands on Test Centre.

G

I took a mare to the solen hive.

Using 'all guard me, all follow me' to kill solen queens, all went as expected.

Following deliberately leaving the mare standing in solen acid I used 'all stop, all follow me' to bring the mare's ghost back to me.

I rezed the mare and was able to fully heal it despite new spawn having locked on it. Battle only recommenced when I re-issued the 'guard' command.

I have to say it was fantastic to have the mare stand obediently by my side till she was fully healed instead of charging back into battle only to die a second time.

Testing was stopped by the 'server down' message, I hope to resume later. (so far I have 2 pet balls, one of which I'm keeping
)

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I realy like the sound that your pet stays near you so you can fully heal it up without it running away!

Thanks for testing!

I

imported_Tina Small

Petra, I'm not at home so I can't check on this myself, but I was wondering how pets act after being fed if they don't receive a command. I oftentimes drop food on my pets while they are fighting and they just keep fighting. I also feed them when we're nowhere close to anything aggressive and if I don't give them a command, they will eventually start to wander rather aimlessly.

Have you seen anything unusual happen after pets are fed?

Also, a huge thank you for checking on all this these last couple of days and reporting your findings!

I

imported_Rocky_Balboa

Thanks Petra, I'm really looking forward to these changes. Can't wait to hunt with a pack again ......

G

There seems to be no change in that behaviour. Feeding during a fight does not cause any change in pet behaviour, pet fed while at rest, given no command,will start to wander off.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

There seems to be no change in that behaviour. Feeding during a fight does not cause any change in pet behaviour, pet fed while at rest, given no command,will start to wander off.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im glad the commands are working properly. I thought they were suppose to fix them years ago but I guess they never did.

On the other hand, the wandering to me has always been a pain in the butt. Especially when you feed your pet, look off screen for a min or two then realize your pets missing

But the improvement to the obiedience commands are a ++

I

imported_Tina Small

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you much for checking, Petra. Good to hear that post-feeding behavior doesn't seem to have changed.

G

Death appears to put the pet into passive mode.

It died, I used a simple 'all follow me' to bring it to me, when rezed it did not autodefend when attacked.

That's great for getting it healed up without it diving straight back into a fight, but we, as pet owners, will need to remember to give it a command, either kill or guard, to break it out of passive once we've vetted it. Something to be careful of.

G

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped test and report concerns and findings!

Your feedback is vital.

A good example is the recent test center change with archcure. Pending further analysis, we've decided to revert the cure potency change back the way you all are used to based on player feedback.

Thanks again everyone!

G

*sets Archcure macro back*
*mage tiptoes back out into the light awaiting to get poisoned again*

Thank you for not breaking something that worked fine.
Now, if we could just get some of the obvious bugs fixed on that long long list of yours.

**oops, mouse wheel button macro non functioning in KR** argh! *poison flows through veings......OOOooooOOOo*

I

imported_ElRay

<blockquote><hr>

A huge thank you to everyone who has helped test and report concerns and findings!

Your feedback is vital.

A good example is the recent test center change with archcure. Pending further analysis, we've decided to revert the cure potency change back the way you all are used to based on player feedback.

Thanks again everyone!

[/ QUOTE ]

TY Jeremy and Leurocian/devs for listening to the playerbase on this one, im sure I speak for many

G

erm

disappearing pets when killed in passive mode not yet fixed then?

G

<blockquote><hr>

erm

disappearing pets when killed in passive mode not yet fixed then?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fixed. And should hit TC soon. It just passed QA.

BTW: This is another excellent example. Thank you Petra for finding this!

G

you asked me to try to check it out when it went on test

I'm liking it so far.

I've led my mare out of the solen hive without it being distracted and asked it to break off mid fight and come away, which is brilliant.

Being able to heal it after a death without it charging off is fantastic, but we, the players, must remember to issue a command which breaks it out of passive mode after we've used it.

G

<blockquote><hr>

you asked me to try to check it out when it went on test

I'm liking it so far.

I've led my mare out of the solen hive without it being distracted and asked it to break off mid fight and come away, which is brilliant.

Being able to heal it after a death without it charging off is fantastic, but we, the players, must remember to issue a command which breaks it out of passive mode after we've used it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent! We were hoping it would be a huge improvement to what we had. It always annoyed me personally when my pet wouldn't do what I wanted it to do!

G

I chose to test with a mare and a bake kitsune.

The kit because their rage attack makes them very hard to drag away from a fight. I just got it to break off and come away 3 times while fighting another kit.

The only problem (apart from them disappearing :p ) that I can see is the pet is helpless when in passive mode.

The onus is on us, as owners, to remember to command them out of that condition once we have put them into it.

So far I've put the pet into passive mode to navigate through busy areas, setting it to fight when we reached our destination. Also I've discovered that it automatically goes into passive mode on death, allowing us to rez and heal it more easily. We must then command it either to guard or kill so that it will defend itself if attacked.

Have I got that right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

I chose to test with a mare and a bake kitsune.

The kit because their rage attack makes them very hard to drag away from a fight. I just got it to break off and come away 3 times while fighting another kit.

The only problem (apart from them disappearing :p ) that I can see is the pet is helpless when in passive mode.

The onus is on us, as owners, to remember to command them out of that condition once we have put them into it.

So far I've put the pet into passive mode to navigate through busy areas, setting it to fight when we reached our destination. Also I've discovered that it automatically goes into passive mode on death, allowing us to rez and heal it more easily. We must then command it either to guard or kill so that it will defend itself if attacked.

Have I got that right?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have it all right so far.

G

Last post before bedtime.

I left the bake kitsune at the house, ran off screen and recalled then called it on the pet ball I'd linked it to.

The labelling on the ball changed to this:

Told it 'stay', ran away a couple of screens, called it again, label restored to showing proper description, pet name, charges left etc.
Told pet 'stay' again, ran off screen, recalled back to house, called pet, label as screenie again.

and now I'm

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOVE YOU MAN

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heya Petra, thanks for all this...but would you be willing to test one more thing

I'm too lazy to fart around on test center for too long.

I was wondering, if you, or anyone, could find out if after you send a pet in to a target, then give the "all stay" command, when that monster invis' itself, will the pet stay and still fight the creature, or does it put it in passive mode?

I ask this because, if you know what your doing during peerless hunts, you will give your pet an "all stay" or an "all follow" command to keep your pet from running back to your party, when say, Melisande, or any other magic using peerless, invis' itself. It would suck if this tactic has been broken.

G

Thank you again Petra for all your hard work.
So again I ask!
Tamer in GZ with pet guarding them/ mage walks up and paralises tamer and yells guards/ pets attack / tamer and pet gets flagged grey and guard whacked.
I have already submited several bug reports on this.
(Petras post in other thread)
"I agreed to test this. I had no idea what was going to happen, and I'm not sure I can post here what did happen, since posting of exploits isn't allowed."
Perhaps you could PM me your finding or Pm them directly to the dev working on this? You are so much more detailed and articulate about these kind of things.

G

Hey did any of this change? a pet like a dragon will stand right on top of you. I think it would be better if it would stop one space away from you instead of right on top of you when its following or dead. I have to tell the dragon to stay put and move one spot away and rez to keep from getting that annoying little message saying you can not rez your pet here. Its a nightmare for me to try and rez one in lady mel where there are a bunch of people in on oneside waiting for the sayters to be killed off due to the lack of room to move and get out from under the dragon.

G

Thanks for all the testing Petra. Us tamers that haven't had time to try on the test shard appreciate it!

G

Aeowyn: I've sent it in as a 'feedback' report, bugs.

I'll pm you what I put in it.

Stigmatas: I'll try that today (your post,for me, was timed at 1.29am)

I'm assuming that the sequence is 'all kill' followed by 'all stay' and then heal the pet using magery from further away?

I might need something a bit more hardy than a bake kitsune to check that one out, I don't think anything less than a blood elemental will do the required invising?

G

oki, this one was a bit difficult to test, you can't exactly get a blood ele to invis to order, but I think I have the information you need.

Sent pet in 'all kill'
Gave command 'all stay' - Pet stopped fighting. Passive mode.
re-issued 'all kill' - Pet completed the kill. Did not return to me, began to wander off.

I only had one blood invis, very briefly, the pet did not break off.

So to summarise, yes you can still get the pet to stay at a distance and not return to you when its target invises, but you'll need to re-issue the 'all kill' command after the 'all stay'.

Additional note: Given no further commands after the target was killed the pet autodefended against the next spawning mob (an air elemental)

Uthar Pendragon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a question for ya Petra. According to the command descriptions:

Commands:
Guard - The pet should guard as it does currently.
Follow - The pet should follow. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)
Come - The pet should walk to. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)
Kill/Attack - The pet will attack its target as it does currently.
Stop - The pet will stop attacking. It will not attack anything, even if it is attacked, and may wander.
Stay - The pet will stay where it is currently, and will not attack anything, even if it is attacked. (unless it is guarding)

Note: The pet will revert out of passive mode if the pet's owner dies, if the pet is stabled, traded, player character transfers, player and pet log off, etc.

Now if I am reading this correctly wouldnt the correct command to give after the stay command be guard? I copied this from the FOF info so I am just wondering if Stay followed by the guard, which is supposed to put it into aggressive mode, would work like the original poster wants it to.

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome! I surely hope it works for the peerless as it does now. I was really hoping that your results would be the case. It's very annoying to have a pet drag a peerless, esp. one like Mel that has AoE attacks, back to the group, if the tanking pet's master has not given an "all stay" command.

Thanks so much for looking into this for us

G

So any new word on the guarding/flagging thing or do you need more information?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Last post before bedtime.

I left the bake kitsune at the house, ran off screen and recalled then called it on the pet ball I'd linked it to.

The labelling on the ball changed to this:

Told it 'stay', ran away a couple of screens, called it again, label restored to showing proper description, pet name, charges left etc.
Told pet 'stay' again, ran off screen, recalled back to house, called pet, label as screenie again.

and now I'm

[/ QUOTE ]

This label issue was corrected before we published to Origin. Just an FYI.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Aeowyn: I've sent it in as a 'feedback' report, bugs.

I'll pm you what I put in it.

Stigmatas: I'll try that today (your post,for me, was timed at 1.29am)

I'm assuming that the sequence is 'all kill' followed by 'all stay' and then heal the pet using magery from further away?

I might need something a bit more hardy than a bake kitsune to check that one out, I don't think anything less than a blood elemental will do the required invising?

[/ QUOTE ]

The guardwhacking issue has been internally fixed and tested by QA. It didn't make it into the publish today, but should make it into the next publish (no promises).

G

<blockquote><hr>

So any new word on the guarding/flagging thing or do you need more information?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi AEowynSP,

I just replied above in regards to this. Should be fixed in the publish following this one (no promises).