• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Special Meet & Greet (Sunday 5th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHEN? Sunday 5th September at 8pm UK Time, 9pm Central European Time
WHERE? Castle British in Britain, Trammel

Join your EMs, Sarakan and Emile Layne, with attendance from a special guest on Sunday 5th September at 8pm UK time in the Throne Room in Britain.

Event from the EM Website.

T

Trevelyan

Re: [EM Event] Special Meet & Greet (Sunday 5th)

Since they seem to be going to everywhere and anywhere that will accept them..

N-Dubz?

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sash labeled "I survived attendance from a special guest" for everyone? :gee:

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yet another event I can't aatend, sadly (on my way to Dublin).

Given her comments on the Beer Garden, maybe the M-lady?

Noble Beast

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Ok, newbie question...Where is Petra's time clock convertor thingy?

"I taught I taw a ***** cat!" but I can not find it now.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Due to technical difficulties the special guest couldn't make it tonight, Instead we got a gift in the Star room.

A sash from each EM.

The EMs will be in the Counsellor's Hall shortly for a QA session.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

QA

Black Cobra: With regards to the Moonglow Beer Garden, I was wondeirng if it would be possible on the rebuild to put up a small bust of statue to Talos who built the original.

Emile Layne: Good Suggestion! If anybody can remember the story behind the garden email me.

Lady Flame: Whats with the elder title?

Emile Layne: All EMs who have been with the program since the beginning got the elder title. Sarakan has also been with the program since the beginning, He just hasn't seen Mesanna yet to get his title.

Angel: I have a cluster of houses and would like to apply for player run town, How do I do that?

Emile Layne: There is some information on the Town Recognitions system on the website http://europa.uoem.net

Serafi: When will the Meer realize they are at war with the bane?

Emile Layne: I don't know.

Aron: Could you tell us if the mini-event today requires Mesanna and if so will it be run again if not do you know when the Compassion Sage will stop spawning?

Emile Layne: Yes, Mesanna was the special guest we had planned for today, The sage was unrelated.

Edge: Is EM a paid position?

Emile Layne: Yes

Callisto: News on event continues with meer and bane war?

Emile Layne: I can't give you much more information about that.

Nimuaq: When is this elder party going to be held?

Emile Layne: Good question! I say we celebrate when the beer garden is rebuilt.

Traveler: Are you from Europa or America?

Emile Layne: I'm from somewhere in Europe.

Thor: Is there a list of do's and don'ts when proposing a player made event?

Emile Layne: No there isn't.

Flame: I liked how you did the serpentwyne events, was something for most if not all playstyles.

Emile Layne: Thank you very much :) That was my baby. Events like that are a LOT of work, So sadly I can't do them too often.

Aron: Is there any limitations on allowing unique tames in events? I don't recall ever seeing any on any shards, Like for instance, 5 slot Greater chickens.

Emile Layne: There are a LOT of limitations on that. Do you remember the dragon event last year? That was on the edge of what I can do really. (The dragon once bonded could be killed and it had inside a reward.)

Traveler: Does drow storyline ended with all infected dragons and elves?

Emile Layne: The storyline with the Drow is over yes.

Traveler: Only miners leftover?

Emile Layne: We just have the miners as an after-effect. Personally I consider the Serpentwyne events as a seperate story though obviously they came forth from the Drow events.

Hex: So the Serpentwyne story is still going?

Emile Layne: Yes it is.

Blade: Is an em event going to run us into the Magincia rebuild?

Emile Layne: I don't have any details on that yet, But it seems so, yes.

Hex: What powers do you have?

Emile Layne: Well I can't really go into details about that, But I could become a pink Daemon if I wanted...

Hex: What about a rainbow Daemon?

Nimuaq: Can you ressruect Lord Blackthorn?

Emile Layne: I'd get into a LOT of trouble if I did that.

Blade: How come EM Sarakan doesn't get involved with us like yourself?

Emile Layne: We all have our own styles Blade, These kind of meetings just happen to suit me more than him. He has other strengths. :)

Franz: Like your hooded robe with a 1 hour lifespan

Emile Layne: My robe isn't an actual piece of clothing, It's like my body.

Ayara-bee: So you're naked now?

Emile Layne: Erm... right.

Emile Layne: I have a question to as you! Recently a player mentioned to me they found our arcs / stories last too long. Which made it hard for them to keep up with the story.

(There was a general mixed response to this)

Emile Layne: So would you say it's fair to conclude the following: The length of the arcs is fine for regulars who keep up with Stratics and such but too long for those who attend more casually.

Blade: Have you something good planned for Halloween this year?

Emile Layne: The Halloween events are usually global events.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Thanks Mapper, nice report. Dublin is rainy

QA

Emile Layne: Yes, Mesanna was the special guest we had planned for today, The sage was unrelated.

----------

Flame: I liked how you did the serpentwyne events, was something for most if not all playstyles.

Emile Layne: Thank you very much :) That was my baby. Events like that are a LOT of work, So sadly I can't do them too often.

-------

Emile Layne: I have a question to as you! Recently a player mentioned to me they found our arcs / stories last too long. Which made it hard for them to keep up with the story.

Emile Layne: So would you say it's fair to conclude the following: The length of the arcs is fine for regulars who keep up with Stratics and such but too long for those who attend more casually.
1. I guessed it!

2. The Serpentwyne event looked great, wish I could have got there, but the timing is bad for me. Not a lot that can be done about this.

3. I really enjoy seeing the longer stories unfolding. Thank you to the EMs, the people who participate, and the reporters!

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I don't think that the problem is the length of the story arc itself; rather, I think that the story arcs are perceived as 'too long' because the underlying stories don't follow a clear direction and are not epic enough to keep the players interested for months.

Take the Drow storyline for example: in the end, the players were busy for more than 3 months just to rescue a bunch of enslaved miners. Did the Drow even have a plan all along, or were they just trying to attract the attention of the Royal Guard and be obliterated as usual? :D
For example, if we had found out that the Drow were planning to gather a ton of blackrock to blow up Britannia with Armageddon we would have had a more compelling reason to fight them.

Maybe the EMs do have a clear idea of where they want to bring the storyline, but then the players always exterminate everything in sight destroying all of their carefully crafted plots rolleyes:
On the other hand, it's nice to see that the EMs don't just follow a script to a predetermined outcome but they react adapting their stories based on player actions. It's a tough balance!