• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Large Drow Mine Gutted (Thursday 22nd)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nathan Hawke arrived at the Counsellor's Hall, After a discussion about his head-beast as Aron called it he asked about the rumours that had been floating around.

Hex and Trevelyan spoke up and said they had found three parts of a password in locked boxes, a part of password was inscribed on a lantern in each box they made up the password: UQ FD LS.

Nathan then decoded the password to read RN CA IP, He said his intelligence told him there was a fourth box located somewhere. Someone jumbled the words around to form In Crap, Something we were all hoping would not happen.

Trevelyan said the box locations were in no specific pattern, The three found were located by the honour shrine, near britain and near cove. Nathan agreed with Trev and said we needed to stick together, He opened a gate to North East Yew where he suspected the fourth box was located.

On arrival we were ambushed by dark elves and beasts of burden.

After a huge fight, Including a death of myself, the fourth box was located with a lantern inside, engraved with the letter W. Translated the letter turned into a T creating the password IPRNTCA.

After aload of suggestions on what the jumbled letters could mean, Declan suggested we try them all, Something Nathan oddly agreed with as he gated us to the entrance to the mine.

At the entrance mine after noticing people sucessfully entering the mine the password 'CARNIPT' was discovered to be the correct password, Inside the mine, Quite literally, death awaited all of us as instantly on entering the mine I died.

The battle lasted what seemed ages as Summonded Demons, Mutated Dark Elves and Beasts of Burdens filled the caverns.

At the end of a long passage the final few monsters were slayed and a huge explosion blasted at the end of the shaft.

Nathan Hawke called us down to a Gruesome Standard on double clicking gave the sword: 'A Dark Elf Longsword'.

Other items were found on corpses, Including 'A Dark Elf Assassin Sword' Sineal Walker managed to find!

At the end of the event Nathan Hawke said Fynn Barrett would take over for a few days whilst Nathan took rest from an injury he obtained during the battle.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a Dark Elf Assassin Kryss, exactly what I wanted :) Should note that the gruesome standard was left up and people were gating in hordes of newbie chars to take advantage of it, not sure if its still be active but Nathan said it would be up for a while :)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I found a Dark Elf Assassin Kryss, exactly what I wanted :) Should note that the gruesome standard was left up and people were gating in hordes of newbie chars to take advantage of it, not sure if its still be active but Nathan said it would be up for a while :)
No surprise, I saw the orc sandals for sale on a certain website for 9 dollars, Aka 9 million gold. Amazing how quickly the xsharders find a new item! :lol:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No surprise, I saw the orc sandals for sale on a certain website for 9 dollars, Aka 9 million gold. Amazing how quickly the xsharders find a new item! :lol:
hehe yeah, but those were released on all shards so at least those sites obtained something in bulk legally for once :p

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any idea how to get back down there? My guildie had to leave halfway through so missed her 'reward' :)

Sir_Bolo

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The entrance to this section of the Drow mines is in the tunnel connecting Marble Island to the Lost Lands on Trammel. The Gruesome Standard was still handing out swords late last night.

AyaraBlue

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately the standard has been turned-off. Oh, well, I still got quite a pile of deathrobes as a remembrance from the event :D

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did the sword and kryss drop in the mine, or were they from the guardians near Yew when we were after the last part of the password?

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, Aron is famous now .... :thumbup1:
I am? I can see myself in a few of the screen shots, mostly casting An Corp... but I suspect you just want more of my bandages, you fiend! I went through about 100 resurrecting and healing pets, and gave John another 200 as he ran out from all the bandaging; next time I shall bring thousands! And so should he! :p

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am? I can see myself in a few of the screen shots, mostly casting An Corp... but I suspect you just want more of my bandages, you fiend! I went through about 100 resurrecting and healing pets, and gave John another 200 as he ran out from all the bandaging; next time I shall bring thousands! And so should he! :p
Healed me and Fyre far too often. :D Thanks!

I

Irvyn

Thanks for the report Mapper, and the excellent screenshots of the explosions :)

And indeed many thanks to SRC and others for all the ressing .. from the depletion of my bank account, I estimate I died at least 13 times *grins* (I wasn't there as Irvyn, he'd have died even more ;) )

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
WHATS THE DEAL WITH THE ThrOBBING BOULDER IN THE CAVE THAT ASKS U TO DEFEAT THE GUARDIANS ..OPPS CAPS...but u canrt get to em???

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how u roll the stone if u cant get to the guardians behind to beat/kill them???

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so how u roll the stone if u cant get to the guardians behind to beat/kill them???
The only one I saw used during the event was at the end of the event, A huge explosion occurred and the rock went from black to normal colour. Then we were able to get a sword.

So if they are grey, I believe they have been 'used' if that makes sense.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh, you can see my warning about the spawn there on screen shot 6; I actually survived the first wave of death by pre-casting invisibility, entering the code, and then targeting my own gump when the screen goes black just before refreshing... it works getting into Despise and it's doorway dragons, and it worked here! BUT DID YOU LISTEN TO ME?! Nope, you listen to that Nathan Come-Lately and all ran in to your deaths :p

John II SRC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUT DID YOU LISTEN TO ME?! Nope, you listen to that Nathan Come-Lately and all ran in to your deaths :p
Nobody ever listens to me either, so welcome to my world. When you res somebody, they go "ty" and run off, with barely any hps or a reassuring pat on the back. Why do people run off when you are still healing them? Beats me ... :confused:

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
BUT DID YOU LISTEN TO ME?! Nope, you listen to that Nathan Come-Lately and all ran in to your deaths :p
Nobody ever listens to me either, so welcome to my world. When you res somebody, they go "ty" and run off, with barely any hps or a reassuring pat on the back. Why do people run off when you are still healing them? Beats me ... :confused:

Ah, that sounds rather familiar. My husband is used to me sat behind my PC saying things like "Where are you going? You've got no HP, come back you fool, you're going to ... Oh look, you're DEAD again. And if you'd waited for the heal, you'd still be alive. It takes less mana to heal you than res you. Eejit." etc etc etc. I think it amuses him!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, that sounds rather familiar. My husband is used to me sat behind my PC saying things like "Where are you going? You've got no HP, come back you fool, you're going to ... Oh look, you're DEAD again. And if you'd waited for the heal, you'd still be alive. It takes less mana to heal you than res you. Eejit." etc etc etc. I think it amuses him!
Ahh, there is a work around for this affliction... I try and keep all the virtues bar Justice at maximum on Aron (I'd like to do so, just like in the single games, but I don't agree with being forced into PvP, or paying a red to kill him like some do) so when he resurrects someone, they return with 80% of their health. If they get killed then, it's not my fault! :p It doesn't work on pets alas though...