• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) REPORT FROM THE FRONT LINES

Fig_The_Ancient

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
only have one word for the invasion....BRUTAL!!!......make sure your insurance is paid up.....The captains pack murderous hits....and reduce your damage to nothing.....Even the lighthouses fight back....

Good luck

P.S. Dont forget to empty your bladders....

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We saw combat, and defeated the enemy beacons that look like lighthouses, in
Britain
Vesper
Yew
Trinsic

There was also a contingent battling in Minoc of the abandoned lands ("Felucca Facet"). I do not have word of their success or failure.
An enemy battle group comprises one captain and several minions. There are several kinds of minion groups, and several kinds of captains. The frosty minion group is problematic in that it includes demon and elemental types -- bringing a slayer for one will leave you doubly vulnerable to the other ("It's super effective!").

The minion groups may be themed to the environment of the town that's being invaded, e.g. "nature groups" in Yew including grizzly bears.

Each captain has special abilities.
All of them can cause pets to stop attacking and wander off.
All can change targets.
All can change weapons (I suspect this means disarming won't help).
Some will taint mana, hurting spellcasters.
Some will dismount attack, which disables ninja animal form advantages.
Archers will run very fast to attack from a distance, and do so repeatedly. You can't keep up if you're on foot.
Some have area effect attacks, including damage, push-back, and poison.
Some have pull-in.
Some of the warriors use whirlwind attack.
Spellcasters cast repeated or area spells such as chain lightning.
Bards will discord repeatedly, can slow down attackers, and sometimes peacemake / calm too. They will confuse pets into near-immobility.

Killing a captain gives you a chance to get a crimson-hued weapon or piece of armor. These seem to be the same sorts of things you would get by battling in dungeon Shame. Supposedly these can be turned in for points, and the points redeemed for better items.

Killing enough captains will leave the lighthouse vulnerable for a while. Sort of. It is heavily defended by hydras, reptalons, dragons, drakes, snakes.

At the end of the day, two people were claiming to have gotten 11 crimson items -- one melee warrior (it was governor Chareos) and one tamer (it was Oro d'Ici).

We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Can this thread be used to post when an invasion STARTS in a City? Some of us might be able to jump into the game to help out.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good reporting, all. Very helpful information.

Slight objection to Felucca being the "Abandoned Lands" haha

War Wizard

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good reporting, all. Very helpful information.

Slight objection to Felucca being the "Abandoned Lands" haha
Well SK I was "ABANDONED" in Minoc Fel.... they left me there .... a single lone mage and his spellbook..... didn't bode well.

On a side note.... I finally gave up and joined the forces in Skara Tram... Cartel let me in their group and the opposing forces were dropping like flies.

Last edited:

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clarification, Lord British and the Council of Wizards are the abandoners.

After Trinsic was conquered by Juo'nar, Malabelle, and Minax,
Nystul found a way to the "Trammel Facet" and the entire government of Britannia fled its original home -- abandoning it to Minax. Hence, abandoned lands. Many of those of us around at the time thought this puzzling and, frankly, cowardly.

Here is a story from the time of The Abandonment.
http://www.geocities.ws/myqsa/xylan.html

==
The current invasions continue. The number of captains in an invasion seems to be based upon the number of defenders, and which stage the invasion is in. An invasion proceeds in several stages. At the end of each stage the beacon [lighthouse] may be attacked for a short time.
Each invasion seems to be themed, that is, say, all captains are Masters of Dragons.
The beacon [lighthouse] may be defended by a contrasting type of minion.

It seems that each Captain carries one Minax-crest dark red hued item, which one of his or her attackers will find. (This is typical. I have also heard of two items being found, or none.) Each attacker of the Beacon will also find a Minax-crest item. Uncommon but still possible, killing a minion can yield a Minax-crest item.

==
Each city in Trammel Facet has been attacked at least once.

==
I have gained 42 Minax crest items to date, about one per hour. My skills are mostly on the defense side rather than on attacking. I hear that people who are better attackers (mage tamers, mage spellweavers, archers with velocity/effect weapons) are getting a better yield -- but then, the grass is always greener.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks Laura! I just asked some numpty to explain the story to me and she said there was no story at all! I knew that couldn't be true.

Molokha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah, so Britannia is besieged yet again. It is a shame - the realm would be idyllic if you could collectively keep yourselves out of open warfare for more than a few days at a time.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I heard a rumor that the Minax-crest items were all brittle/replica. [I heard the rumor from Manticore.]
This turns out not to be true. I had a friend of mine use Powder of Fortifying on a rather nice shield, taking it from 190 durability to 200.

If it matters, my friend is a crafter and a killer of Navery.

Xelious Norwood

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most of the Minax items are low durability and Mods are very low as well. I was told you can imbue them if you wish, however I have not tried.

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My Cousin Dar informs me that unlike past Invasions, our Defenders this time seem less cooperative, less United, and more "out for the individual." I hope this is not so, or if so, I hope this changes. Clearly this Invasion differs from prior ones. The Enemy has learned from past defeats. Small groups working together, unselfishly, will fare far better than those working solely for their own benefit. These are but Dar's views and mine. No offense is meant to be conveyed. Only strategy for Victory! Fight On, Fight Well!

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would also ask either in this Thread or another that specific Strategies for defeating the various "Themed" enemy Groups be Posted here, for the benefit of All. What works best on what etc.