• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Daemon Invasion [08/08/2010]

SirZ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some screens from me.

Warming up before event

Crystal is still in the place

Queen's speech

First Blackrock Golem

And again another BR Golem

And another...

Crystal stolen. Queen's speech. Rewards.

Reward

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for this!

I missed a bit of the event and the reward. But a HUGE thanks to Nyu who managed to hand me one from his collection. :p

K

Kiminality

I managed to video capture most of the event, so I'm working on doing something with that.

K

Kiminality

So, I was working on the video - I had it all cropped and cut.
In order to put it all together, and make it nice and shiny, I followed a recommendation to use a trial of Adobe Premiere CS5.
"You have a restart pending" it says, so I figure, "fair enough, I'll restart, and then partake of your professional video edit-y goodness"
And restart I do!

And... nothing...
My laptop has finally attained its dream of becoming a paperweight.
If I can get a decent replacement system within the next couple of weeks, then I'll get the video done. If not... I guess the moment will have passed, and I'll just figure "better luck next time" :<

C

cheerful

We can all watch ourselves die on video over and over again, awesome.

Hope you manage to sort it out.

:)

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gutted I missed this :sad2::sad2: Broadband went on the blink at about 7.30 last night and only came back up about an hour ago. I'm convinced there's someone at BT who reads these boards and flicks the switch on my broadband when he sees a big event is on *sigh*

Looks like it was an epic battle ........ but then I suppose the best ones are always the ones you miss. Still crying into my morning coffee .....

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm gutted I missed this :sad2::sad2: Broadband went on the blink at about 7.30 last night and only came back up about an hour ago. I'm convinced there's someone at BT who reads these boards and flicks the switch on my broadband when he sees a big event is on *sigh*

Looks like it was an epic battle ........ but then I suppose the best ones are always the ones you miss. Still crying into my morning coffee .....
Don't get me started on BT... :cursing: Sorry you missed it. :( What a pain.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Odd shaped screen shot (I cut out my backpack and hot bars, but left in the radar to show where we were), but in the end, the mass slaughter of players we were prepared for didn't really occur... Thank you to Ikarias and Acantha of LAD who helped with the nursing duties, Thor who occasionally popped back, but the biggest thanks of all goes to our major customer, the brave Brynhild again, who must have been fighting truly in the thick of things, as we resurrected him about 10 times! We also rezzed perhaps another 20 people during the course of the event, but otherwise saw nothing of combat.

It's just such a shame the event ended on such an anti-climactic tone and chaotic nature; We really should have been Gollem-whalloped in the Throne Room to lose the crystal, rather than just the EM silently removing it. And it's a great pity with so, so many young players there, and Gollems still fighting the more dedicated players outside, that many missed the brief reward dispenser; It also made Queen Dawn look foolish, as those who followed her died to no avail, whilst those defending the throne room (well, some of you honestly were anyway!) were made impotent by Magical Invisible Gollem Ninjas apparently.

I also apologise to those at the hospital; as soon as the event dispenser ended, it turned out 2 people from the SRC had logged in for the first time in 2 years, as they are cancelling their accounts alas. I had to go and help tell them what was irreplaceable, ready for moving it to the remaining SRC houses for long term storage... hence I suddenly ran off.