• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] CD Festive Treasure Hunt

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I arrived at RainQueens house 30 minutes before the event as preparations were underway. EM Emile Layne stopped by to see how the prep work was getting on.

We then went to the CD Vendor Mall on Umbra Road for the start of the event, RainQueen asked everyone to come on inside and try out the ice rink at the back of the shop, I seem to have done rather well on not slipping!

At 6pm RainQueen welcomed everyone for coming - I couldn't even count the amount of people who had turned up!

The event began with everyone getting the first clue.

You can open the spoilers to read the clues - I used these to keep the post short.

Clue 1: "Come one, come all and join the fun. Our Treasure Hunt has now begun. You start your journey in the lands of paragons and gypsy bands. Head to a place that's dark and dank. Where fungus grows and all is rank. This cavern also leads to another place but don't go far... you've reached your base."

Collect: 3 Bone Piles

At the cave to the Twisted Weald the Clue 2 was available!

Clue 2: "Don't leave these lands. With Honor's aid just venture on - don't be afraid. Your task? To find her resting place. Iola's wife, so far of face. She lies close by the river's side, The music of her Harp a guide. A tribute to her carved in stone. Stands here where she lies all alone."

Collect: 3 Chopped Logs

This clue was obviously the Gwenno grave near Honor Moongate, There the 3rd clue was available.

Clue 3: "Adventurer you're doing well, And now its time to bid farewell to Ilshenar. So take the gate to Trammel where you'll meet your fate. Be brave and venture if you dare - You're looking for a pirate's lair. Don't look above but seek below. If you fall down you'll surely know. You've found the place - yes you've arrived. So thank the virtues you're alive."

Collect: Tricorne Hat from Provisioners

Under Bucaneer's Den lies the Pirate Caves, In there clue 4 awaited.

Clue 4: "A gentler place is next in line, In fact, you're headed for a Shrine. To Trinsic City first you fly. To find the Shrine that is nearby. A special Shrine with magic power thrice say the word - it lasts an hour."

Collect: 2 Peculiar Seeds

At the Spirituality shrine saying Om Om Om got you clue 5.

Clue 5: "From lands of blossom and snowfalls The City of the Empress calls. We loved the Treasures of this place, And most of you recall his face - Ihara Soko he is named The Minister of Trade so famed. A very cultured lot are we - This Center's where you need to be."

Collect: Two Bento Boxes

At the Tinkers in Zento RainQueen with clue 6 was standing!

Clue 6: "Make haste my friend, you're running late. You don't have time to sit and wait. And so to Honor Shrine - we hear. The passage to Lost Lands lies near. And fairly close to that you'll find this cave, Although the way's not signed. The Liches of this cave have left - But surely we are not bareft. So if this place all quiet and bare? Peep in the cave ... well if you dare!"

Collect: Two of each Necromancy Reagent

This location was the old Marcus Forlan cave near Trinsic, Inside rats and ratmen awaited. The ratmen were carrying a little present! A cake! In the corner of the room clue 7 was available.

Clue 7: "A mighty Queen is your next goal in forests deep you'll find the hole. Thought other queens may plot her fall. She is the Matriach of all. Workers and warriors fill her lair, Her throne room's where you'll find her there."

Collect: 20 Zoogi Mushrooms

I found clue 8 outside the NE hole to the Solen Cave, Off to the final locations I went!

Clue 8: "Now the capital is your goal, Where Sherry the Mouse has her hole. You don't have time to nap or snooze. So hurry - there's not a second to lose, Shaft an arrow hits bull's eye. And then dear friends we'll say goodbye."

Collect: A plain wooden bow and 10 arrows.

This was the final location and was behind the Castle Britannia - The arrow shooting range!

Winners of the Treasure Hunt:

1st: Heimlich winning 5 million gold!
2nd: Guild WoY winning 3 million gold!
3rd: Aromir winning 1 million gold!
4th: Boo winning 500,000 gold!

------------------------------------------------------------------

After the treasure hunt an archery contest took place at the final location behind Castle Britannia.

Winners of the archery contest:

1st: Heimlich (170 points)
2nd: Armoir

--------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile a contest at New Haven was taking place, Young players had to tame 2 birds and then gather as many Mushrooms as they could.

Winners of the Mushroom contest:

1st: Vanille winning 1 million gold!
2nd: Shadow winning an Alacrity scroll!
3rd: Amanda winning 500,000 gold!

I'd like to thank CD, They were fantastic in accomodating myself and DJs from WRRAD Radio and guiding us around the checkpoints so we didn't miss out on the reporting!

A

Angel121

You missed the Awarding of the Spoon to Armoir for winning the "Sharp as a Spoon Contest"

:-D

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You missed the Awarding of the Spoon to Armoir for winning the "Sharp as a Spoon Contest"

:-D
I had to leave for a meeting in Trinsic and must have missed this, Feel free to report on what happened regarding that contest. :)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice shot of me in the cave sounding gormless :D Thanks for a great time CD :)

RainQueen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you to all Europa players for supporting this event and making it so successful. It was a real blast :grouphug:

Special thanks to :
Mapper - for his brilliant news report
Lady El of our Allies O*T - for your generous help with prizes and all round assistance
EM Emile Layne - for your support. It's very much appreciated
DJ Slide of Whispering Rose Radio - for covering the event live on his show and for playing such excellent music

And of course, thanks to all the CD Guildies for all your hard work over the last few weeks organising this Treasure Hunt. You are an awesome team :bowdown:

A

Angel121

The most fun part for me was I was curious about the hunt that was announced in the general chat, and I turned up a few minute’s late to see some people milling about. I went up to check a vendor and then a clue book popped up in my trade. I read it and thought “I know that place, It’s not to dangerous I’ll keep the ingot’s on me and start off on my way. When I got to the cave I asked which bones where needed and I got really lucky since someone had worked the spawn a bit and I found some skeleton’s on the already dead shadow whisps! It saved me from having to try and go for their eye's! Do whisps have eye's? well I thought "Lucky old Boo!"
I read the second clue and thought “hmm.. could be tricky but I know a way apart from the bridge that’d be safe, the only other way passes by imps and gazers…” I managed to scream like a little girl lots and lot’s and the paragon skeleton that was trying to get me was dispatched for me and I got the next clue..

It was purely and accident that I stumbled into the whole thing as I thought I missed it and being late I decided when I could I would chat to the people at the clue tables, I was so elated that I ended up chatting to people as I was running about. To a gentleman at a moongate who was complaining about mage’s who lumberjack, to someone running about buc’s den who was trying not to ask where the entrance was but was saying “So have you seen any holes around? It’s not important I just have a quest there. In the hole. Have you seen one?”. As a Crafter I’m rarely out of my workshop so it was fun to meet people, In the end I somehow ended up at the end and surprised myself in actually being in the top 10! I was a happy Boo! And the lovely guilded team from WoY all asked to be as one candidate so that put me in fourth place!

I hung around chatting and tinkering little thing’s while I waited to see who else made it to the end and thought maybe I could sit in some people’s screenies and they’d remember an odd little tinker in the background.

I was in a complete Tizz when they mentioned I won a prize and even more so at the special gift for doing it as a crafter!

For me it was a great evening, Boo went to see some old haunts he likes to see when not crafting and he met some lovely people..

I do wonder if she ever found her hole…