• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] Britannians Mourn as Queen Dawn is Murdered (Sunday 13th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The room was filled to the rafters when Queen Dawn appeared from behind the curtains.

Queen Dawn: "Good evening my citizens! I am glad to see so many of you here tonight for we have a very important task! The time has come for us to challenge Virtuebane and his Chosen!"
Queen Dawn: "Virtuebane is corrupting the very principles of the Virtues. Truth, Love and Courage. My spies are reporting that new members of the Bane Chosen are initiated by corrupting the book of Truth! Virtuebane corrupts the Bell of Courage in every town he attacks and lastly there is the principle of Love."
Queen Dawn: "I suspect Virtuebane is trying to corrupt the principle of Love through me... By taking away me beloved... My husband Ors!"
Queen Dawn: "But we will take back what's ours! For now we know Virtuebanes weakness, Humility! Humility is the only of the Virtues that exists independently of the three principles. Humility is the foundation uponwhich the three principles rest and thus it hasn't not yet been affected by Virtuebane's deed."
Queen Dawn: "We will imbue our weapons with the strength of Humility! And with it deliver a decisive blow to Virtuebane! We must depart now, to the Shrine of Humility."

At the Shrine of Humiliy in Ilshenar the Royal Guard gathered around the Shrine as Queen Dawn began touching her sword onto the Shrine.

Queen Dawn: "It is done! The sword has been blessed with the strength of Humility."

Suddenly, Ors, Queen Dawns husband appeared at the Shrine.

Queen Dawn: "Ors!! My Ors! It is really you!"
Ors: "It is good to see you again, my love. Embrace me, my queen... lest this is but a dream."

Virtuebane then appeared at the Shrine.

Virtuebane: "Ors! You have done well my little peon! The might Queen Dawn, she has fallen! I hereby release you from my spell. May you live your life in misery."

Ors then appeared to wake up and was then able to see what he had done as he stood over Queen Dawns corpse.

Meanwhile the Virtuebane began to search Dawn for the sword.

Ors slowly picked up the dagger and then thrust it into himself.

Virtuebane seemed unable to find the sword from Dawns corpse and ran off, But the peace didn't last when suddenly the area filled with blackrock golems.

When the Golems had finally been killed Fynn Barrett picked up the corpse of Dawn and took her to the castle.

She was gently laid to rest on her bed when back in the main hall a Meer announced the construction of a memorial to Queen Dawn.

On touching the statue a memorial would be placed into your backpack.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great report as ever. Thank you. Helps me with the bits I miss through lag, deaths and lost cons.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well like always i think its RIDICULOUS that the items are on the corpse, almost impossible to loot with the predictable LAG FEST, so sadly it is another FAIL by the EM STAFF

also glad the statue was only available for a short time

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well like always i think its RIDICULOUS that the items are on the corpse, almost impossible to loot with the predictable LAG FEST, so sadly it is another FAIL by the EM STAFF
EMs didn't program that, EA did .... and given the number of armour items there are (4 sets) there will almost certainly be more golems along to kill and get the pieces from...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lame event. UO story guidelines- have a character- kill them- oh we forgot about this guy--- kill him---- we have no talent as writers/storytellers let's kill people off. There is no drama, nothing to keep people interested.

Lame, boring.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great report as always. You got to admit that was totally unexpected and I really really enjoyed this event. They also cleared two characters (one pointless character: the first and the only appearence of Ors, thanks god for that) in a single event.

The set pieces (which are hardly item set pieces since it doesnt mention any item set bonus) are not em event items, they're seen in Atlantic before. As Aron also noted, since they have special properties never seen before, I think we will see more of these items soon.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great report as always. You got to admit that was totally unexpected and I really really enjoyed this event.
Totally agree I was shocked! Glad Europa had the event fairly early on. Can't think how depressing it would be to know the storyline but still be waiting for your shard to play it out!

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Safe in my cupboard, I have a box with all my copies of the original Ultima games. I started Ultima Online with Third Dawn, when I first got an online capable PC back in 2001 (I'd stayed with the Amiga until even that late); so I have some what of a soft spot for Dawn as a name, a point of contact with the continuing saga of Ultima.

But as time passed, her character just decayed into increasing irrelevance and infantile behaviour; and her death today, even when looked at from just a role-play context was well, shamefully pathetic. Your husband willingly joined the Bane, hasn't been seen for, or contacted you in months, and you run into his arms like a giddy school girl the minute he turns up alongside the leader of the Bane? Roleplaying in the background, I begged for Dawn to let her wiser character guide her, to let the obvious Truth not be blinded by hormonal Love; instead her final moments can basically be summed up as;

Queen Dawn: Ors! Squeeeeeee!

Ors: Stabbity-stabbity-poke-stab

Virtue Bane: Ahahahahaaaaa!

Well... quite. Now I kind of expected Dawn to die, or at least be severely downgraded; Ors was in for it for certain. In fact I managed to predict the main outlines of the arc so far five months ago... but I was hoping Dawn would go out in a valiant way, a virtuous way; I was hoping she'd follow the path of Humility or Sacrifice and give her life to save Ors... or the Realm... instead we got the "Red Light Romeo And Juliet Special". Um. Oi! Dev Team! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

So I'm really, really disappointed in the arc so far. Not in the Europa EMs. They were given this poor lump to perform, but they can't be expected to polish it.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...The rebuilding of Maginica will require the humbling of realm in some sense, which may indicate that Dawn and Ors are not going to get a happy ending. ...
So it seems it wasnt that unexpected for you, seeing that four months ago. :)

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pitty that those who didn't make it to the event due to RL issues can't get a memorial staue anymore.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I can see ma mechanical golem in one of them! He didn't last long mind... Glad I bought along a quick build one :)

Tad disappointed with the players too, the EV spam, the fields, the rising collosus walkin over the stage, everything when the story bit was going on then the cry baby whines about items after. Has always been the way though aye.

Top report Mapper :thumbup1:

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
A note about the memorial statues, that is a shame, they should have been a common rare at worst. They should have left the clicky thing on for a week at least.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pitty that those who didn't make it to the event due to RL issues can't get a memorial staue anymore.
Agreed. She was, for better or worse, our Monarch for around a decade, and a memento of her reign should have been available to everyone who wished to note her passing. This is one time where the "Rare Lootzorz" mindset is uncomfortably jarring; so if you know me in game, drop me a line and you can have one of my spares for free... I have 5 left after passing one onto a guildmate who also missed the sunset of Dawn.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh lordy why do i always miss the best stuff...dies someone plan it while iam always at work!!!!

again and again....''BUYING''....yes again iam buying ...buying ... THE EM EVENT ITEM STATUE !!!!!

PLZ PLZ someone sell me a statue.....iam sure a few of u lot got 2-3 each!!!

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
oh lordy why do i always miss the best stuff...dies someone plan it while iam always at work!!!!

again and again....''BUYING''....yes again iam buying ...buying ... THE EM EVENT ITEM STATUE !!!!!

funny you should say that, when i was sending my other chars across to grab the statues i was thinking of you!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then Jack plz sell me one of ya 'extras' for my europa event museum....

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone post a picture of the statue to see if it's worth attending to get lol?

Pwease :heart:

G

Guardsmen Militia

THP don't buy one, contact me on ICQ 195 710 197 and it's yours for free.

Louisa

G

Guardsmen Militia

Prime, there is a picture of the statue in Mapper's report (the last picture)

M

McValdemar

Loved the event and didn't expect to see Dawn die in front of our eyes.

Didn't like that, like most events, was just a tamer's/pets fest.

This time, due to the story about sword and humilty, I was hoping in a fight between US and the evil.
And not again between pets with most of the guys standing from far and just beeing killed due to area spells.

A bit out of topic, but please do something about names that are way to much out of context.
Yesterday we had players named "I LOVE NEW YORK", "EUROPA THREE", etc...

That's very sad...
:(

M

McValdemar

I'll be glad to give you one free if your museum is open to the public.
:)

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone has a spare statue to sell/donate I'm looking for one too :)

M

McValdemar

If anyone has a spare statue to sell/donate I'm looking for one too :)
If I don't get wrong Jack Flash uk is giving one to THP, so, the one I was giving him free, can be yours.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an interesting thing:
everyone cares about the queen, but the ors corpse still at the humility shrine :D

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
an interesting thing:
everyone cares about the queen, but the ors corpse still at the humility shrine :D
That's not true, you can see myself at least calling for them to be re-united in one of Mappers pictures! But perhaps they both wouldn't fit on that bed... or our EMs thought that leaving a dead Ors head in bed was more of a Mafiosa thing? *sounds of people groaning* Sorry!

Anyway, moving on, the next joyful event is probably going to be hundreds of people asking for rares at their State Funeral. Can't wait!

Elric_Soban

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's a shame they killed her off instead of doing more with her. Britannia needs some kind of champion to set an example and to inspire people. I know that sounds corny, but it's true.. think about it. how many Gandalfs or Beowulfs or Maximus' or whatever do you see running around on your shard? Or whatever other name the person behind the char was inspired by. "That guy/chick is awesome. I gotta make a char like that."

UO needs a character or 2 like that who's badass yet virtuous at the same time and inspires similar 'virtuous' behaviour. Dawn coulda been that character. One of the key elements of the ultima series is the virtues, but that is completely lost in UO. This is kindof an extreme example, but imagine some GM/EM controlled char showed up at fel yew gate one night and completely pwned the crap outta a few reds.. throwing around cool emotes and special abilities while he mopped the floor with a couple people, and the killing blows were all *decapitations*.. complete with *a head of OmgImKoolZ* right next to his body.. then they'd say some wicked kickass (but totally contextual) one-liner, and leave thru the gate.. leaving everyone stunned. Except for the reds. They'd be pissed. But probably entertained nonetheless.

oh well, whatever.