• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Report] An Audience with Queen Dawn (Friday 15th)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Queen Dawn arrived from her curtained passage and thanked us for coming.

She said she would like to hear our petitions in an orderly fashion, First up was a lady in the front row.

Antoinette Morel: Might one suggest a Female such as thyself, dress a little more appropriately? Instead of presenting thyself so openly to the male populace?

Queen Dawn: *Straightens her dress*
I think my outfit is quite appropriate for someone of my stature, Thank you
Traveler stood up and came forward with the second question.

Traveler: Can you please remove some Casca orders still present near Blackthorn Castle and do something with his body?

Queen Dawn: *Nods* I will see they are removed. The corpse was left as a deterrent for future usurpers.

Pierre Le Canard: I think they smelled it all across the realm now. That point was made.
Next to step forward was a guard from Trinsic.

Stewan Seagull: Stewan Seagull from Trinsic, What is the current position of Nathan Hawke with the crown?

Queen Dawn: *Her face turns to a worried expression*
Yes, Nathan Hawke.... I don't want to say too much about this right now. But his recent actions..... I am keeping a close eye on him.

Stewan Seagull: So he is working under your orders and all orders given by him are considered to be yours?

Queen Dawn: That he is.

Stewan Seagull: You know of his plans to use a necromantic device against the orcs?

Queen Dawn: *Raises a brow*
What did you say? A necromantic device?

Stewan Seagull: *nods*

Queen Dawn: This I did not know.

Irvyn: If I may add some clarification ....

Queen Dawn: Please do!

Irvyn: The item in question was originally created by a necromancer but is being altered by a non-necromancer to be used safely.

Queen Dawn: I see... This sounds worrying though.... Nathan has some explaining to do. I will convene with him as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this to my attention Sir.

The Duke of Trinsic stepped up with two questions.

Irvyn: Firstly, what measures are being taken to deal with the orc threat, other than Nathan's actions?

Secondly, what are your plans for Vesper and the north?

Queen Dawn: Captain Avery and Lieutenant Fynn are both dealing with the Orc threat, As well as Nathan.

Irvyn: But is there a plan, as such? Do they work together?

Queen Dawn: Lieutenant Fynn and Captain Avery have regular meetings. Nathan Hawke is head of security, so he is in a different branch.

Irvyn: *nods*

Queen Dawn: They do convene but not on every issue. As for Vesper...

Irvyn: Thank you for the clarification.

Queen Dawn: I have purposely let the issue rest the past few months, Captain Avery and I are formulating some new plans for the Kingdom. In which we may find a way to handle the Vesper issue more effectively.

Irvyn: Are we permitted to know any details?

Queen Dawn: Not at this point I'm afraid, As soon as we have completed the plans we will announce them publicly. These things must be considered carefully, I'm sure as a man of state you understand.

Another Trinsic guard came forward to Queen Dawn.

Queen Dawn: *Smiles*
Good evening, Please go ahead.

Samuel: Now I'm a big fan of yours and I'm sure you have heard of my Bravery in around Trinsic.

Queen Dawn: *Nods faintly*

Samuel: I was just wondering.. If you have any free time..

Samuel: That I might treat you to a meal. As long as you pay half.

Queen Dawn: *Laughs*

Samuel: We can have candles if you like that..

Queen Dawn: Well bold Sir!

Samuel: I'm nay drinking wine though.

Queen Dawn: I like that! You are hereby invited to share a dinner with me here at the castle.

Samuel: *beams*
Th--thank you Miss.
Noka from the front row stepped forward onto the steps to speak to the queen.

NoKa: I represent a few adventures who have returned from far away land after a few years of traveling. Our origin lies in Britain and we have shared its history. I know not if this is the time and place for my request however we have gathered in Malas with a few houses, between the moutains and the crystal fens. We are organising, and slowly becoming a community on our own, but still willing to stand with all of of Britain of course.

Boldy, My question is if we could work to acknowledge our small..er...settlement and community in overall.

Queen Dawn: That might be possible yes, in the near future.

Tane Darkbane stepped forward after Noka.

Tane darkbane: Over the many years before your rule a militia of like minded persons gathered together under the banner of the Bloodguard.

Queen Dawn: Yes, I know them well *Smiles*

Tane darkbane: Many friends have fallen in the defence of our lands I hereby petition that the militia be recognised and the fallen be remembered by your patronage.

Queen Dawn: What kind of recognition did you have in mind?

Tane darkbane: I'm sure your illustrious countenage could think of a fitting monument.

Queen Dawn: *Nods*
I will take it into consideration.

Queen Dawn then brought the questions to a close and thanked us for coming. She said they will be another audience soon and then vanished behind the curtains.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't you missed out a refreshingly open and down to earth young man who also was granted a question to the queen here? ;)

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Haven't you missed out a refreshingly open and down to earth young man who also was granted a question to the queen here? ;)
Sorry do you have their name? I'll check my log again. If you mean Frodo I left the question out as the report was already quite long and the Queen said he turned up at the wrong meeting.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Good report Mapper! Your fast and efficient reports are always nice to see!

-- El

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure i ment Frodo ;)

It was very refreshing to see him entering without knowing what was going on and jumping on it - i saw a lot of people frowning upon him and his actions, but his behaviour made me smile - was far better 'game-like' fun than all this oh so correct chit chat. And for relevance it was much more interesting than discussing the queens dress :p

I just hope he didn't feel to uncomfortable with all the negative comments - would be sad to reduce a players fun in UO in that way!

And for the roleplaying aspect: I think thats the moments when RPing is really challenged and getting interesting - in my eyes.

Yay for people making things interesting and fun by pushing them around a bit - helps us not to get stuck in to much routine - yay for frodo, yay for the guy stealing the chair - and yay for you all that are still alive :)

Just remember not to take things in UO to serious - including this post :)

Its just my view :p

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone post Frodo's question, and the answer, please?
This talk of it has made me curious

Although I don't know what happened there (or I wouldn't be asking), I think the event was an RP-based event.
If a role-player went to Luna, and did whatever RP they do amongst all the banksitters, I think they would get a comparable reaction, since the venue or setting isn't geared towards them. At the heart of it, is a *frown* at a non-RPer really any worse than a "LOL" at an RPer?
Not to say I don't feel bad if a person is made to fel uncomfortable, but few exchanges are really only go one way.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With regard to the petition for recognition of the Bloodguard. They have indeed served the realm well for many years now and I think Royal recognition in their title would be appropriate. Maybe the title 'Royal Bloodguard' or perhaps the 'Queens Own' would be suitable.

I know that these titles could be used by simply adding them but a Royal Proclamation on the castle walls authorising the use of the title would be there for all to see.

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to add the missing part of the Audience:

Frodo ran into the Throne room (mounted), probably taking part in the hide-and-seek game:

You see: Frodo [TWP]
Frodo: ohh
Frodo: i dident know something was going on
Frodo: Sorry
Samuel: shush!
Frodo: NO
Frodo: meany
Queen Dawn: Good evening
He then turned back and left.

After a few minutes he came back, dismounted in the back leaving
his mount there and steping forward to join the crowd in front of
the Queen.

Frodo: Hello Queen Dawn
Queen Dawn: *Waves*
He even adapted to the standards of the conversation, contentwise ;)

Frodo: i like the colour of your robe Queen Dawn
Frodo: Cloak
Frodo: i mean
Due to some latecommers other than Frodo, the Queen states the purpose
of her apearence again:

Queen Dawn: Tonight I am hearing your petitions
Queen Dawn: If you have something to say or ask please raise your hand
wich definately also encourages Frodo ;)

Frodo: can i ask something

Frodo: Please can i ask something ??
Queen Dawn: Sir in the white
Queen Dawn: Go ahead
Frodo: hey miss
Frodo: well
Frodo: you see
Frodo: i like event
Frodo: when things happen
Frodo: to collect stuff
Tane darkbane: ???
Devante Stirling: Looter !
Frodo: but these days events dont really happen
Tane darkbane: looter!!!
Frodo: i was asking if there could be some more events
Scrumpy Jack: luter?
Queen Dawn: I'm not sure you are at the right meeting Sir
Scrumpy Jack: thats me!
seria: More events?
Angel: *Holds his face in his palm and groans*
Scrumpy Jack: see
Queen Dawn: If you are looking for action, join the Royal Guard
NoKa: "events" is he talking about the blood we shed to save city's and fight orcs as "events" ?
Queen Dawn: Or the Blood Guard
Queen Dawn: *SMiles*
Tane darkbane: aye!!!
seria: Aye!
Frodo: bows
You see: Janis the guard
Frodo: thnanks
Frodo: :D:D:D
Queen Dawn: Thank you
Frodo: XD
Frodo: thanks
Crest Lavender: *smiles*
You see: Frodo [TWP]
Frodo: all follow me
and after this small conversation with the Queen he takes his leave.

Angel: I would l to say we're not all crazy like him...
You see: Isabella the guard
Scrumpy Jack: we're not?
ikarias: *smiles*
Angel: Well Most of us
Irvyn: I sometimes wonder.
Queen Dawn: Anybody else? Raise your hand please
Venom Essence: Each to their own ways
Scrumpy Jack: *is just lucky not to be most of us*
Angel: *ponders*
Queen Dawn: Everybody who wanted to speak had their say?

Attachments

Crest Lavender

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone post Frodo's question, and the answer, please?
This talk of it has made me curious
Did this ;)

If a role-player went to Luna, and did whatever RP they do amongst all the banksitters, I think they would get a comparable reaction, since the venue or setting isn't geared towards them. At the heart of it, is a *frown* at a non-RPer really any worse than a "LOL" at an RPer?
Read the report and maybe reconsider comparing it with a RP going to WBB - oups - Luna Bank it is today ;)
In my eyes there are faaar to many differences to do so - but i dont want to start an argument here at this point - wont be appropriate either since the reactions werent
that bad i have to admit ;)

Just thought that this part was worth mentioning as well, thats why i posted here.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure those who collect items will fully understand that these EMs have far greater rules than previous EMs and such events don't happen as often.

I left his question out as the report was more an In Character report and I didn't think it fitted in, However thank you for posting it anyway and complimenting my report as well...

Cirno

Purple Pony Princess
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read the report and maybe reconsider comparing it with a RP going to WBB - oups - Luna Bank it is today ;)
In my eyes there are faaar to many differences to do so - but i dont want to start an argument here at this point - wont be appropriate either since the reactions werent
that bad i have to admit ;)

Just thought that this part was worth mentioning as well, thats why i posted here.
The last think I wanted to do was to start an argument.
I think we might have to agree to disagree on this point :)

Also, this thread will probably now make Frodo more uncomfortable than the event did.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe poor Frodo needs to learn to recognize and respect (and not disturbing their events) the huge role playing community on europa.I am sure he managed to get on a lot of ignore lists this night.

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure he managed to get on a lot of ignore lists this night.
People are, of course, free to do that if they wish - but I'd rather hope they didn't.

Since it was not explicitly a RP event, only 'implied' as such from the EM site, and he came there accidentally anyway, it would be rather severe to decide to ignore someone permanently for that. It's not as if he was rude, or offensive in any way.

Respect for the RP community is good. So is respect for other players and their styles. It doesn't just go one way......

A

Angel121

I'd never ignore Frodo to be honest, I have to say seeing him play and talk to people it's like a car crash with multiple car's... It's wrong but sometimes you just have to watch...

Actually a better comparison would be.. Frodo is Jedward from X Factor.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Frodo is wonderful; he's spontaneous and he has the most important things going for him, in game or rl - his heart is in the right place, and he's a kind and generous soul.

I'm not an rp player - it's the one aspect I've never been able to get into. If I happen to come across folks who do, I'll try to go along as much as I can. But, as Aurelius says, that goes both ways. More than a bit harsh to say that he should be ignored, it's downright unkind.

A

Angel121

Frodo is wonderful; he's spontaneous and he has the most important things going for him, in game or rl - his heart is in the right place, and he's a kind and generous soul.

I'm not an rp player - it's the one aspect I've never been able to get into. If I happen to come across folks who do, I'll try to go along as much as I can. But, as Aurelius says, that goes both ways. More than a bit harsh to say that he should be ignored, it's downright unkind.
I do agree,

My comment's are from a personal perspective as I've only interacted with him a few times and seen him around while off hunting, from all that I found he is like Jedward to me. I had guessed that he's a nice chap at heart although in his own world :-D But aren't we all.

I have to point out though as devil's advocate that If you had been watching for more than a minute or two you'd have guessed it was an RP event (at the very least a semi in game one as many known RP guilds where in attendance). From there I would assume most people would know that dropping into shorthand or l33t and/or asking about loot drops is not the best idea...

But for anyone out there that's taken the action of adding him to their ignore lists I do personally implore you to take him off, You're missing out on a lot and you may be missing out on a real nice guy if you are ever in need of help.

I

Irvyn

Thanks for the report Mapper, I'm glad you got the screenshots sorted out and working again :)

With regard to Frodo, I thought he did ok. As far as I'm concerned, these events are for everyone, RP-based or not, and therefore everyone can and should come and join in if they want to. No-one should object to that IMHO. (The only people I do object to are the ones who spam wildly or cast constant and pointless field spells. And even then I don't put them on ignore, they might grow up one day :) )

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the report Mapper, I'm glad you got the screenshots sorted out and working again :)

With regard to Frodo, I thought he did ok. As far as I'm concerned, these events are for everyone, RP-based or not, and therefore everyone can and should come and join in if they want to. No-one should object to that IMHO. (The only people I do object to are the ones who spam wildly or cast constant and pointless field spells. And even then I don't put them on ignore, they might grow up one day :) )

Definatley.

Also you do have to remember that some pvpers attach so many macros that the space bar is used for x spell and so that is the reason why some players seem to spam spells =)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definatley.

Also you do have to remember that some pvpers attach so many macros that the space bar is used for x spell and so that is the reason why some players seem to spam spells =)

If you put your spellbooks in a bag in your pack, you won't spam spells :)