• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Replacing a house owning character?

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Apologies if this would need to be posted in a different place, still not fullly up to date on what is where. But we have a question: we want to delete a character to make a new one, but our worry is that he is currently the house owner on the account. We wonder if that might give any problems to the house if we delete him. Now, or later not being able to drop it? Does anyone know about this, and can take away our worries?

Chazztizer

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would just transfer house to another character before you delete.......

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Apologies if this would need to be posted in a different place, still not fullly up to date on what is where. But we have a question: we want to delete a character to make a new one, but our worry is that he is currently the house owner on the account. We wonder if that might give any problems to the house if we delete him. Now, or later not being able to drop it? Does anyone know about this, and can take away our worries?
The "Account" Owns the house.... therefore if you delete that character one of the other characters on the shard becomes the house owner (no you don't get to chose which one. Likely the next one to log in)... That is unless you play on Siege and have no other characters on the shard.

Hope that helps... I'm not sure what happens on Siege and Mugen but I'm guessing the house will know your the owner since it's account bound not character bound.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the last time I did this it moved to the character on the list right above the one I removed.

However that could be the next one I had logged in with like Mal said.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even on Siege, with only one char slot, you can delete your char and the new will still have the house, but remember to move stuff from bank to house. Money are owned of the account, so they should be safe.
The new char may have trouble if he want to sell the house, as far I remember he can take it down but not transfer it.

Tabby Kapak

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks all! With your helpful comments decided to give it a go, and found the name on the sign remained the same! But, demolish house was not greyed out or anything so if ever we want to move we can do so without leaving things behind. :) :)

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe the last time I did this it moved to the character on the list right above the one I removed.

However that could be the next one I had logged in with like Mal said.
interesting. because on one of my main houses i transferred the house owner but his name appears on the house sign.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you most likely wont have any problems, but houses can be buggy in general. theres been several times in UO history that the actual "house owner" name becomes an issue. but this is usually because of bugs, and if this happens i would page a gm.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
likely to change at the next server up.

Podolak

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Definitely interesting. I am curious to know what happens at server up.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had transferred the owner of my house to a different shard and left them there for like 5 years. The name still remained on the sign during all of this time. I was indeed able to transfer the house using another character on that same account when the time came.