• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Repair Jobs

• Thread starter imported_eggchick7
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_eggchick7

Can someone explain to me please why objects break at an alarming rate more so then they did in the old cities, the repair man has been twice everday for the same darn objects..the pianos...even when I stick out the 'wizard' items are not fixed...it seems an endless cycle...if I had the money I would just replace everything..yeh if..

G

I don't know if the rate of breaking objects is fixed. Perhaps it is just that we replaced objects a whole lot more in production citites. I've had properties where things broke like crazy, and even in production cities.

As far as the wizard goes, he doesn't repair items. The ONLY thing the wizard does is alert the devs that you have broken, in the sense that they are literally in PIECES, objects on your lot.

I

imported_eggchick7

Ah that explains another mystery..thanks..but that NPC sim sure gets his money's worth at my house..Ive seen him lurking just waiting for another piano to give up the ghost..and why for heavens sake it it always repaired at 70% you are lucky if u get another 24 sl hours out of it why not charge a little more and get 50% wear left? Lousy NPC..and he always ignores me

G

Sindran's right - in the production cities, most of us just simply replaced habitual breakers and moved on.

This may very well end up being how the game naturally manages the sheer amount of objects imported from the production cities. Players will replace their badly-worn objects with cheap replacements from the store, which will also eventually wear out to the point of being economically infeasible to repair, and so on.

G

I never noticed but is it cheaper to do the repairs yourself with max skill or have the repairman do it?

G

Depends. Some things you can repair for free...some things are 5k+.

F

frogger2

I for 1 feels that the repairman and maid should be free till they completely rid the game of bot users lol just to help us alittle bit with the way objects pays off all of them we just cant afford them on a reguler basis. at least devs please lower the cost of the help or make them free its insane the ammount of money spent on hired help and the money we make lol.

M

mike1977

<blockquote><hr>

I never noticed but is it cheaper to do the repairs yourself with max skill or have the repairman do it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's cheaper to call the repairman if you have a lot of stuff broken.

I

imported_MattelMichele

Have the same repair issues at my lot in TC3, stuff is consistently breaking, and i never seem to have enough cash to replace ALL the items i have with 70% wear, so i just hire the repairman everyday; sometimes twice a day,too.

I have two things to say: Please give us our visitor bonuses back! &amp; Please fix the payout issues; lest the repairman hires the maid to do away with my poor sad you-know-what.