• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Feedback] Renown Loot Revamp

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can't help but wonder if any of the people responsible for loot tables actually play the game anymore. Why is an imbuing gem the added reward to the renown? 1 gem is hardly a loot revamp. The rest of the loot is nothing to speak from what I've seen and what others have posted.

When I go to the abyss to the fire temple ruins spawn I'm not there for imbuing gems nor am I there for the mediocre renown loot. I'm there for essence of order. Wouldn't it stand to reason that the champion of the spawn I'm fighting that drop that resource also have some?

Instead of 1 imbuing gem can we get these renown to drop what we are there for? 1-3 of the appropriate imbuing resource would make much more sense than 1 imbuing gem. *shrugs* maybe it's just me.

D

Diggity

I understand what you're saying, but I actually prefer the gems to the essence ingredients. I don't like to mine. Also, I've found that doing the whole spawn, I already get plenty of all the dropped ingredients. The exception being at the caverns discarded due to the large variety of ingredients dropped there. And if they did change to drop ingredients on the renowned there, I know that I will get a delicate scale, a powdered iron and a lodestone :).

The part of the loot revamp I've concerns with are the new arties that supposedly will drop from killing the renowns. Haven't got any on TC yet. Does anyone know if they still drop on the ground? If they drop the nicer arties on the ground, I can see a rash of stealther types just hanging around waiting for someone else to kill the renowns.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they can add essences in addition to the imbuing gems. Some of the renowned monsters are pretty tough to kill, so I don't think that would be excessive loot. About the artifacts, I've only gotten 2 from renowned monsters since the SA release and they were both on the ground. They didn't mention changing the way artifacts are obtained in the publish notes. They will probably still spawn on the ground, which I dislike by the way.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I loathe mining myself there are numerous places to get the mning gems. You can get them from the mining carts and will able to use them soon. You can get them from the curator quests. As I said in my OP I'm not in the abyss to look for gems though. In the time it takes to clear one of those spawns I would have 5 or more random gems from mining. It's just not a better reward than 1-3 of the appropriate resource in my opinion.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I too would rather get 1-3 of the essences or whatever else is unique to that mini champ spawn from the renowned monsters. I get enough of the gems, parasitic plant and luminescent fungi from mining and lumberjacking and doing the Axem and Percolem quests. And yes, the rest of the loot on these guys needs a look. In many cases, it's a bit improved from what it was but for some of the renowned, e.g., the pixie, it hardly seems worth the effort.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The renowned loot revamp is weak.

The gems are things you can pick up off the ground in most mining areas because people drop them, they are not worthy loot. If you are going to go this route they should drop 5-10 of them.

I agree that seeing several essences on their corpse would be a good improvement.

The weight of the armor/weapon/jewelry loot should be at least 200 so its potentially something worthwhile.

The renowned bosses take too long to kill, and this meager 'boost' is not enough to make them worthwhile.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
The renowned loot revamp is weak.

The gems are things you can pick up off the ground in most mining areas because people drop them, they are not worthy loot. If you are going to go this route they should drop 5-10 of them.
huh? where are these I will go pick em up!