• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Renaissance Access Only -- Can I get to SA?

T

Thopas

I played UO quite a bit during the Second Age, tried the Kingdom Reborn client after years away, enjoyed it, and look forward to the Stygian Abyss.

When I tried Kingdom Reborn for a month, however, I was limited to Renaissance content. Does anyone know if I will be able to access the Abyss content (not the other expansions; just wondering about SA) with my Second Age era characters? Looks like the entrance will be on Fire Island, and for the life of me I can't remember if I could get there or not.

Thanks!

G

Goodoljoe

The fire island is on old Britannia since release even if you didnt have any expansion at all besides SA you shouldnt have a problem geting there

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Traditionally, if you buy the current expansion, you get access to the content of all previous expansions with it.

I do not know if its been explicitly stated anywhere if the SA client will be available without the SA expansion the way the KR client was freely available for all.

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The SA Client, like the KR client, will not grant you access to different areas.
In order to get into the Stygian Abyss, you will need to buy the expansion, and buying the expansion should give you access not only to the Stygian Abyss, but to every area added before it as well.

G

Gladius

So I still have to buy the expansion inspite of having the KR client going?

Is this clear? Or will I be able to access and play the SA dungeon like Doom on my KR?

Just to clarify thanks..

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Both clients are free to download and use for everybody.
You will see exactly the same content no matter what client you use.
- If you can get to Doom while using the KR client, you can get to Doom using the 2D client.
- If you can't get to Doom while using the 2D client, you can't get to Doom using the KR client.
The same will hold true for the Stygian Abyss dungeon and other Stygian Abyss Expansion content.
In order to get into the Stygian Abyss dungeon, play as a gargoyle, and get to Ter Mur, you will need to purchase the Stygian Abyss Expansion.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
how much is the expansion going to be do we know yet?

T

Thopas

The fire island is on old Britannia since release even if you didnt have any expansion at all besides SA you shouldnt have a problem geting there
Traditionally, if you buy the current expansion, you get access to the content of all previous expansions with it.

I do not know if its been explicitly stated anywhere if the SA client will be available without the SA expansion the way the KR client was freely available for all.
Cool beans. Thanks. KR was interesting (though perhaps too WoW like, and I hated the new bag layout), but staying in the old world of Second Age made it a little ghost-townish. Took a while before I saw another player. ;^) Looking forward to the new release if I finally get to take a look at, what, eleven years' worth of expansions!

(Okay, I did run in Ilshenar a bit with Third Dawn beta. So eight years. ;))

Thanks again, and thanks to others for the distinction between client and expansion. I'm considering shelling out this time. KR was enough to bring me back into for a month, but not enough to buy an expansion with SA rumored to be out there...

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell me where you are getting that figure? As far as I am aware no such information has been released by EA.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please tell me where you are getting that figure? As far as I am aware no such information has been released by EA.
Isn't that what the past expansions have cost? I'm pretty sure I've heard it elsewhere, too. But I'm basing my guess off of past figures.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the anniversary boxes were around $19.99 and ML was $29.99, I would say $29.99 is the most logical price point, with $39.99 being at the max. The question then remains as to what they will offer for a pre-order bonus and will there be a discount for those who buy multiple codes.

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Considering the anniversary boxes were around $19.99 and ML was $29.99, I would say $29.99 is the most logical price point, with $39.99 being at the max. The question then remains as to what they will offer for a pre-order bonus and will there be a discount for those who buy multiple codes.
I would not pay $39.99 for SA. I'm sorry, but I just wouldn't.

Cyrah

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok just to be clear. To do imbueing I will need to purchase SA expansion. After purchase of the SA expansion I can train imbue and be in the 2 d client? I can attempt unravelling in 2d?

I am not so against buying one expansion.

I just do NOT want to see the new Gargoyle Luna player shop area or the dev drawn houses. :(

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok just to be clear. To do imbueing I will need to purchase SA expansion. After purchase of the SA expansion I can train imbue and be in the 2 d client? I can attempt unravelling in 2d?
As for if you have to buy the SA expansion to do it, I'm not so sure. Have we ever had to buy other expansions in order to get certain skill sets? I don't think so... I think I could run around as a paladin without buying the expansion for it (I forget which one... AoS?) back when Paladins were first released, but that was a really long time ago and my memory is hazy.

Edit:
There should also be no problem unraveling in SA or in 2D. You should be able to do it in both perfectly fine.