• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Removetrap

G

When do you stop failing on the diffrent levels of traps?

I know that you newer get safe on L5 chests.
But when do i become 100% on L1, L2 L3 and L4 chests?
I started a new char on SP and will only do dungeon chests whit my thieve picker there.

G

might want to ask this question on SP
most people playing standard Production shard rule sets use telekinesis not remove traps skill

Telekinesis never fails to remove traps of any lvl.

TW

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats not good to tell him that. Many others. Myself included does not play sp and would like answers to these questions. Telekinisis is a lame way to remove chest traps and should not even be used. Its just another way for players to make the game more carebear like.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thats not good to tell him that. Many others. Myself included does not play sp and would like answers to these questions. Telekinisis is a lame way to remove chest traps and should not even be used. Its just another way for players to make the game more carebear like.

[/ QUOTE ]

However there is not enough total skill points to add another skill to current templates of most t hunters. If you are role playing a true one, then your template would have it, most likely would be a mage, [specially on SP since you have to gate to T sites] only since you would have three skills tie up into cart, LP, remove, that would leave 400 points.

<blockquote><hr>

Of course, a 50.0 base detect is required to be able to train remove trap, so for the Pure T-Hunter, Detect of 50 minimum is a requirement.

[/ QUOTE ]

G

<blockquote><hr>

When do you stop failing on the diffrent levels of traps?

I know that you newer get safe on L5 chests.
But when do i become 100% on L1, L2 L3 and L4 chests?
I started a new char on SP and will only do dungeon chests whit my thieve picker there.

[/ QUOTE ]

read this http://uo.stratics.com/thb/info/pureessay.shtml

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

So then ask the questions where you are most likely to get the right answers...
which in this case is SP forums.....simply because they have no choice and have to find and remove traps with skill......
But most of them simply use a 70's fire suit...and save the 200 skill pts!

You play your character how you want...and don't be telling others how to play theirs....he asked a question...I sent him where he was most likely to get the correct answer!

too easy!
TW

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its doesnt matter how I play or how he plays. He wants an answer to a treasure hunter topic. He has asked in the proper forum. Its sad how someone can come to the proper forum and ask a question and get sent elsewhere for answers he should be getting here.

G

He was sent where he would most likely get the correct answer.....heaven forbit I would want to help someone get the right answer.

I should be shot and dismembered! Next time I will leave his question unanswered, with no directions on where he can find his answers...ya that will be much better!

On second thought I will just keep doing my job! But thanks for the input...consider it filed!

LOL
TW

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well since remove trap is a treasure hunter skill. The treasure Hunter forum is the proper place. Im not trying to cause problems or be difficult. But remove trap IS NOT(caps to get the point across) a siege only skill. Only siege players read that forum and doesnt help the rest of us remove trappers on regular shards. PS I have looked thru siege forum for remove trap and there is no good info there either.

G

Timber darling since you are posting as a mod on the T-Hunters forum could you please point a few of us board challenged to some good links about training remove traps?
TYIA

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Aeowyn, on a different subject...

You see where one of the miners on SP used your favorite Spirituality-spawn creature to bring down a paragon Valorite Elemenal, and got a paragon chest from it?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Timber darling since you are posting as a mod on the T-Hunters forum could you please point a few of us board challenged to some good links about training remove traps?
TYIA

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not sure where it is now...I know when I wrote the NEW FAQ I had no clue....so I asked and searched SP forum and was given a link there with the best way to train the skill.

I know it wasn't easy to find....and NO one here had a clue, because...as I have said....Virtually no one here has 200 pts to drop in a skill that can be replaced by a lvl 5 spell.

But if I get some time I will look around...I might still have the link somewhere, but real life is a little busy to be searching back forums just now.

TW

G

I missed that but good for them.
@ Timber. Thank you for looking.

G

A quick look in the old FAQ tell us this:

<blockquote><hr>

How Can I Train Remove Traps?

Again, this section is courtesy of Mordan, and updated by Deft Touch for Age of Shadows
This skill is useful in disarming floor traps in dungeons and town/dungeon/treasure chests. In order to start training it, you must first have at least 50 points in detect hidden. Once you can start training RT, you will want to go an NPC thief and pay for the skill up as high as it will go (usually around 30). At this point you have 2 choices.

Start a character with 50 tinker ability and 50 carpentry. If you always keep your tinker skill (carpentry has nothing to do with strength of trap) 20 pts ahead of your RT skill, then you should be gaining off the dart-trapped boxes you make up through the high 80s or low 90s.
Start using the skill on town chests. Then once you get up to 50 or so, start working more on dungeon chests. At any time, working tinker-trapped boxes will greatly help you.
It’s a hard skill to train. At all times when training, it’s good to have some way of healing/curing yourself with potions/magic/bandages. Another good idea is to have healer ready to resurrect you, as this skill is sometimes DEADLY to raise. Training with poison traps while at a shrine is fairly safe, as double-clicking the ankh will cure you if you set off a trap. Convenient resurrection is also available there otherwise.
The types of traps found on chests: There are 3 different traps that can be on a chest at any given time: Dart traps, Poison traps, and Explosion traps. There are 2 different types of level 1 dungeon chests that I have found. There are those that are normal poisoned trapped and have 10-20 gold plus a non-magic item in them, these can be found in the NW room in the Vesper bank. Then there are those that have 30-60 gold, non-magic items in them and are Dart-trapped. These can be found mixed with level 2 chests in the SW room in Vesper bank. Level 2 dungeon chests have weak explosion traps on them and can carry from 70-100 gold, plus occasional weak magic/non-magic items. Level 3 dungeon chests have Deadly poison traps and can carry magic items/gems/reagents/scrolls/etc, as well as 180-240 gold. An example of them can found in the SE room of Vesper bank. Level 4 chests are all explosion trapped and can carry 200-400 gold, plus occasional magic and normal items. These can be found in the south room of the Yew Crypts, the Daemon Temple on Fire Island, or any number of other places throughout the game. With an RT skill of 68, I have not had ANY dungeon chest explode on me for at least 30-40 chests. At 76 skill, you should never fail to disarm even the level 4 chests.
In some dungeons there are chests that don't disappear and don't respawn...we call these "static" chests. Static chests are usually harder to pick and are definitely harder to disarm. These chests don't follow the normal rules that dungeon chests do when it comes to the traps...there can be 1, 2 or even 3 traps on a single static chest. If you fail the check on any one of the traps, all of them will spring on you. With a successful use of the RT skill though, all the traps can be removed with one touch of a button. My success with an RT of 68 on static chests is about 75% right now, but even with GM skill, success is not guaranteed.
Finally, there are the traps that are on treasure chests. These traps are considerably harder than the traps on any other chest. I normally fail to remove a trap on any treasure chest above level 2, although at this time my RT skill is only 68, so this will change I hope. Even GM Remove Traps will fail on level 2 through level 5 treasure map chest traps on nearly one out of three attempts.
One helpful tip is that dart traps deliver physical damage, poison traps deliver poison damage, and explosion traps deliver fire damage, so having high scores in the appropriate resistances can considerably increase your survival rate. While this is most useful when training with tinker traps (since you already know what kind of trap it is), Detect Hidden can be used on town and dungeon chests in order to find out the type of trap is set. (Treasure map chests are always trapped with explosions.)
Another good resource is the Dungeon Chest Guide, which not only gives locations of chests in the dungeons, but outlines what chest levels spawn where and what each chest level contains.

How Can I Train Detect Hidden?
Well, you could practice on faction traps, but while that's effective at higher levels, it's not really smart. Why? Because you will die... and be put into stat loss which will end your training for the day. So let's put that methode to farm. Plus, faction traps are expensive and only stay for a day, so most faction people gaurd them jealously and will take great pride in killing any and all detect hidden/trap removal enemys they can get their grubby hands on!
Do you have a good friend with nothing to do for 2 days? Let's have a detect hidden party! Have the friend's skill in hiding about 50 points more then your detect hidden skill and have them hide... try to detect them, when you detect them you will gain, have them hide again, rinse and repeat. Warning - when you're done, he may no longer be a good friend due to boredom.
Go to Vesper bank, top north west room were the level 1 chests spawn. I recommend the Felucca side as it is not as busy. Just sit there and use detect hidden on all the chests... wait for them to respawn (few minutes), then detect the new ones. Rinse and repeat. This will give you nice steady gains all the way to 70, slow from there up.
Walk the dungeons. It's dangerous and takes a long time to do. But will get ya there. Detect the floors, detect the chest, detect everywere ya go.
For the hard core player who just HAS to train fast, buy up to about 30 skill in carpentry and tinkering. Buy plenty of wood and ingots. Make crates or boxes and trap them; I'd recommend dart trap as they do physical damage only. Make up a mess of boxes, trap them, then detect hidden on them till gains stop. Retrap boxes, detect hidden again. Once the gains stop, train up tinkering to next benchmark. Make boxes, trap, detect. Repeat. Now in theory you could probably train all the way to GM on tinker 30 trap boxes, but your gains will be very very slow at higher levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

I will keep looking for the other links!

TW

G

You should have seen my other avatars.
You got a toon on siege? If not come for a tour sometime or sit in on story night and chat with me.

V

vinncent

<blockquote><hr>

ok but I want to see the rest of your avatar clip
lol

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah.. me too... I had a hard time looking away from it.