• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove Trap

Skelf

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in the process of rebuilding Remove Trap having accidentally deleted it in a Soul Stone shuffle some years ago...(

At 46ish and not getting the gains I expected off traps set by a 30 skill Tinker.

My question is: Are RT skill gains dependent on the degree of *challenge* involved..ie skill level of the trap setter or just down to repetition?

Thanks in advance for any answers..;p

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
It depends on challenge. The best way to get knew is to use a Crystal Ball of Knowledge.

P.S. When I trained lockpicking I used 3 boxes:
- a box crafted by my 'trap-box-maker' (30.1 carpentry/tinkering)
- a box crafted by my main crafter while he was discorded by a Satyr (~ 70 carpentry/tinkering)
- a box crafted by my main crafter (100 carpentry/tinkering)

Cephas [V]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
As someone who has trained this skill without player-trapped boxes, I can say that it's quite possible to do. I primarily used the chests and crates in the Vesper bank, and used strong boxes in various NPC shops to gauge my progress. Just don't forget that Remove Trap skill required to disarm a trap is comparable to Detecting Hidden skill required to detect said trap. That, and armourers always have the most difficult traps to disable.

To directly answer your question: yes. Just don't use treasure or paragon chests as gauges.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are a number of chests in the training tower by Brit bank. I used those to train on too.