• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Remove Trap] Remove Trap Analysis

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I'm not sure I'm keeping Remove Trap. I will skill it to 100 and possibly stone it off.

My thinking is that 100 RT reduces but does not eliminate the ancient guardian time. This time is not valuable time - there's no loot available - so reducing it makes sense.

But on my Mystic / Spellweaving t-hunter, I had to give up Spellweaving to fit in RT. Now when the regular guardians are down to 24%, I can't 1-shot kill them. Sometimes I have to chase them around while they heal themselves. Total time is about the same to complete a chest.

On my tamer t-hunter, I gave up meditation for RT. I may keep RT, I may not, but it doesn't seem to matter much one way or another.

Thoughts?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a mystic weaver t hunter, what is the rest of your template if you had to give up SW?
I have lp, cart, RT, myst, sw, focus and mage. Mage is supplemented by a spellbook and focus is only 85, topped up by mystic's momento

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
upload_2019-7-4_11-44-18.png
As RT starts to rise, I'll drop meditation to 60.

But still not convinced RT is worth it.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im in the same boat as you. I feel very confused about removetrap.

As it is now im probably gonna drop RT and just use joat to free up the 100 points.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I have 93 Remove Trap. On stash and supply chests there is no explosion and no guardian mob spawns.
On the higher chests there is only 1 tick of damage and 1 guardian.
If you have 0 remove trap what happens on hoard and trove chests?

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
With 0 remove trap on hoards, it's like 7 guardian mobs. Hard to count because most of the time it seems to be limited to 1 mob at a time. If you're already fighting 1, you just get the tick and the damage. Most of the time.

But I'm getting the hang of the timing, not sure if I actually need RT. It only saves a minute or so.

fonsvitae

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure I'm keeping Remove Trap. I will skill it to 100 and possibly stone it off.

My thinking is that 100 RT reduces but does not eliminate the ancient guardian time. This time is not valuable time - there's no loot available - so reducing it makes sense.

But on my Mystic / Spellweaving t-hunter, I had to give up Spellweaving to fit in RT. Now when the regular guardians are down to 24%, I can't 1-shot kill them. Sometimes I have to chase them around while they heal themselves. Total time is about the same to complete a chest.

On my tamer t-hunter, I gave up meditation for RT. I may keep RT, I may not, but it doesn't seem to matter much one way or another.

Thoughts?
I feel the same way. I like the skill and wouldn't mind using it, but: 100 skill points to the benefit of saving time and detriment of being effective versus the mobs... I will go with being more effective versus the mobs (which is a time savings in itself).

Also, being that I take my time looting, the time savings of RT really are not there for me at all.

As an aside, I survive the series of blasts from the trapped chests in cat/ dog animal form: the hp regen there will get one through it.