• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remove Karma Bonus from Exodus Entrance!

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think its about time we remove the 10K karma people get just from entering exodus. I don't know if it was intended for this to be this way or not. Stop giving people free karma to use holy fist non-stop. If they chose to play that template they should have to work their karma up by slaying enemies not just clicking keys and leaving immediately afterwards in exodus encounter.

Coco_Zamis_DF

Lore Keeper
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah now i understand why exodus keys are useful on vendors.
Well, normaly in a short period of time you can gain enough karma at the fire temple. But this seems to be much faster.

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I usually kill demons to keep my title up, can't say I ever thought of popping into Exodus...doesn't bother me at all if other people do.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I usually kill demons to keep my title up, can't say I ever thought of popping into Exodus...doesn't bother me at all if other people do.
Heck with the spawn timer on some of the keys I would say you could do that before you got one full set.... and if they are buying keys to get there? 'meh, no biggie, good for the economy *shrugs* at least some crafter is making a profit these days.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But to get max efficiency of holt fist, you need over 30K karma, not just clear the glorious title which is only like 15k. At the very least they should have to finish the encounter in order to get it, not just enter and leave. If nothing else lower it down to like 1-2k. Its nonsense and has a impact on pvp for no reason whatsoever.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Leave it as is. People who key up for this deserve the karma boost.
No they don't deserve it. People who actually get keys gain the karma getting them, they don't need a bonus on top of it. Removing the bonus or lowering it wouldn't have any impact on pvm, no one uses holy fist in pvm.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But to get max efficiency of holt fist, you need over 30K karma, not just clear the glorious title which is only like 15k. At the very least they should have to finish the encounter in order to get it, not just enter and leave. If nothing else lower it down to like 1-2k. Its nonsense and has a impact on pvp for no reason whatsoever.
id tent to say you are wrong here,

over ~18,5k karma the chiv spells dont give more bonus

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No they don't deserve it. People who actually get keys gain the karma getting them, they don't need a bonus on top of it. Removing the bonus or lowering it wouldn't have any impact on pvm, no one uses holy fist in pvm.
wrong again,
i ran several 120chiv characters for PVM, i use that method now and then to get karma to cap so i can die without asap falling below the next threshold to loose buffs. IT AFFECTS PVM

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
id tent to say you are wrong here,

over ~18,5k karma the chiv spells dont give more bonus
Um, that's VERY wrong. Take an 18.5k karma character anywhere in a pvm setting, then have them use Holy Fist. Record the damage it does. Now do the same with a 32k Karma character. See how much more damage it does.

Finley Grant

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
well if this is the case then i surely will say that iam wrong, nevertheless the regular buffs for chiv end at 18,5 ish.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This trammy agrees that 10k karma is a lot. You have to kill a bunch of balrons to go from 10 to 20k.

What was a reason they gave for the karma boost when they made the encounter?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind the karma boost but I agree it should be given AFTER completing the encounter, not upon entering (and then leaving). at the very least they should have to sit through the boring process of bringing down exodus (shouldn't take more than 20 minutes with a wraith archer).

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Must be one of those "bugs" that have been around years and no one ever noticed. </sarcasm>

de-chande

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It's easier to kill lich lords and you get more karma. I doesn't take long to go from 0 to 32k just by killing mobs. I should know I've done it a few times. And trust me lich lords are the way forward. Plus 1 holy fist just about if not kills them. If you do it in fel fire dungeon you can max karma then raid the noobs doing despise. Happy days !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk