• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reminder! Stratics Forum Downtime Tonight!

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just a reminder to our community if you've gotten used to the slider prompt at the top of the forums. We will be bringing the forums down for an upgrade Friday 2/21/2014:

Stratics Forums will be undergoing a major upgrade in the near future that may affect aesthetics and features. Most of these changes will be mitigated over time, but we want you to have as much information ahead of time so that you’ll know what to expect. Stratics is excited to upgrade our Xenforo based forums for our community. Taylor stated it best in his post in our existing forums which we share with you here. Please keep us in mind during our downtime and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for updates!

For more detailed info: Stratics Forums Upgrade Scheduled, 21 February

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Stratics downtime? Who'd have thunk it.
the downtime to end all downtimes :D
Now Taylor is gonna hurt me for jinxing it. :(
Also, I'll be on Stratics FB with updates and sharing on Twitter, G+, ect.

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I didn't see this until this morning. I'm kinda old for so much change all at once! :rolleyes:

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do any of these styles even work correctly? Everything but UO Classic is showing everything weirdly, avatars arent fitting their spots, everything is off.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Do any of these styles even work correctly? Everything but UO Classic is showing everything weirdly, avatars arent fitting their spots, everything is off.
The avatars separate the postbit and message by design.

If there are some remnants of the old theme showing through, you might try ctrl+F5. Otherwise, seem to be working as intended for the moment.

Take some time to explore the AD Styler and Color Options below, as well as the fixed/fluid versions of Quark and Antiquark.

funkymonkey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
God what have u done to stratics , looks SO SO bad. what a horrid job, and i thought that last "update" was horrid.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
The avatars separate the postbit and message by design.

If there are some remnants of the old theme showing through, you might try ctrl+F5. Otherwise, seem to be working as intended for the moment.

Take some time to explore the AD Styler and Color Options below, as well as the fixed/fluid versions of Quark and Antiquark.
So the avatar is supposed to be off-center like this? On the line? o_O

http://i60.***********/1z65z7d.png

Looks wrong..but if it's supposed to be like that :/ it's a bit wonky...other then that it looks pretty cool I like it :)

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You can try using UO Classic if it helps funkymonkey. You also have more options than the previous forum for a more stylized fit. The top slider has a link on how to do this via AD Styler. We're aware any change seems drastic but hope you stick around. :)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only style that doesn't look wonky is UOClassic, and I hate that.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Correct. The avatars divide the postbit and message by design.

AirmidCecht

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes. That's the part that honestly took the most getting used to for me too. After a few days, I barely notice it as a distraction now, but yes, took a bit to get used to.

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Correct. The avatars divide the postbit and message by design.
Why? I mean...the forums look awesome...to me anyway...but the avatar looks like it's misplaced...makes the whole thing look off. I go onto a lot of forums and I've not seen any that look like this. It's not horrible, just looks a bit...off kilter you know?

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yes. That's the part that honestly took the most getting used to for me too. After a few days, I barely notice it as a distraction now, but yes, took a bit to get used to.
Yeah it's not a HUGE distraction just wondering why as I've never seen this sort of layout before. I love the new look myself, as with anything new, it takes getting used to :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Why? I mean...the forums look awesome...to me anyway...but the avatar looks like it's misplaced...makes the whole thing look off. I go onto a lot of forums and I've not seen any that look like this. It's not horrible, just looks a bit...off kilter you know?
The designers chose to design it this way. As it turns out, zero former themes were compatible with XenForo 1.3. We selected the theme that best mirrored the former most popular theme, Animate. The theme also allows for lots of customization, including color, font, and background skin (image background skins will be added SoonTM). :)

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I agree that it's a little modern, stylistically. Another difference is the two-column forum index. But that's what the designers made. :)

Larisa

Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I agree that it's a little modern, stylistically. Another difference is the two-column forum index. But that's what the designers made. :)
Gotta keep up with the times I guess...I'm messin about with the styles and stuff but I like the default, the black/dark grey background is much easier on the eyes, it looks clean and neat..I really like it..just the placement of the avatar really bugs me lol but I'll get over it :) My avatar looks like it fits right on the line so it's all good lol :)

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
One of the biggest gaming messageboards are NeoGaf. Do you know what I don't see over there? Avatars that float out into the middle.
Gotta keep up with the times I guess...I'm messin about with the styles and stuff but I like the default, the black/dark grey background is much easier on the eyes, it looks clean and neat..I really like it..just the placement of the avatar really bugs me lol but I'll get over it :) My avatar looks like it fits right on the line so it's all good lol :)

Fit in with the times? Excuse me but what major messageboard does that?

Sauteed Onion

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
If the "avatar" representing the poster was the same size as the avatar image beside the text box where you type in your thread responses, and moved to be centered under the name of the respective poster, I think the "Quark" layout would be close enough to acceptable for everyone.

That and it seems like that space under the name is kind of really under utilized.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Ok I'm getting to where I rather like the dark Grayish with the purple... but .... the avatars in the center post like look like poop.... don't like it.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
looks like UO Classic still looks good :p took me a few seconds to get back to old look! find the options at the very bottom of the page

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks fine for me in IE, with the avatars above the names, however in Chrome... I have to agree with most here that the avatar placement does look pretty bad... Nothing against the designers, but certainly not something I would ever have considered a good idea.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't mind changes for the most part otherwise we stagnate.

My two cents:
The avatars could be twice as large. They're kinda hard to see.
The signatures are HUGE by comparison. They could shrink by 25%.

After playing around with the styler I decided to forego black. Since the 80's I've worn black because it was cool in the design world. I'm tired of black! I guess I'm in a white stage. lol
Untitled-1.jpg

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to agree with Larisa, it looks like someone made a mistake with placement instead of aligned properly.
I am posting to see what you mean. Ooooh

My head is missing ~~ Everyone else has a tiny Avitar between the RH top of the Avitar box and the message box.
Hmm.. after posting this, my headless "wordy bird" is up there with them

I like the scroll bar on the smilies options. :banana:

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I did however get to make everything pink with the "AD Styler" at the bottom of the page. YAY PINK. And I changed my font to Ubuntu although I don't know what that means in english :p :mistress:

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did however get to make everything pink with the "AD Styler" at the bottom of the page. YAY PINK. And I changed my font to Ubuntu although I don't know what that means in english :p :mistress:
PINK? Ubuntu? I can't see pink nor change in font. Your Avitar is no longer animated. :whip:

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
hmm.. now that I think about it, it's been a while since I've seen your avatar animated.

Ubuntu (/uːˈbʊntuː/ oo-BUUN-too; Zulu/Xhosa pronunciation: [ùɓúntʼú]) is a Nguni Bantu term (literally, "human-ness") roughly translating to "human kindness." It is an idea from the Southern African region which means literally "human-ness," and is often translated as "humanity towards others," but is often used in a more philosophical sense to mean "the belief in a universal bond of sharing that connects all humanity"

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Don't mind the rest of it just the silly position of the avatar that looks like a coding error, other than that it is fine.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im using classic now. and i hate classic. the new text was just too hard to read in all the other ones

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The avatars look very messed up where they currently are in my opinion, would look a lot better if they were moved under the posters name where it looks like they were supposed to go in the first place, and they should be made larger than the current postage stamp size...

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got to agree. Rest of the new skin is awesome, but the avatar is utterly ridiculous.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Welcome back. Thanks for keeping UO Classic style. Feels as home, have not yet seen what new stuff we got