• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reluctant IDOC coming soon

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all..despite hours and hours of trying to access main account, and spending a fortune on the phone to the US..it seems my account has ceased to exist..saying that..logged in on hubby's account and my house is still there in my name..so it must be somewhere !. I've tried everything that forums have suggested and more..Anyway, good luck to all for when it falls next year..I've given up trying to get in now.

I just want to say thank you to all of you who helped me get back on my feet after my last absence and for keeping some of my items from the fall of my house in Brit.

Medea Blackwood

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why cant you get to your account?

I got a surprising amount of help tonight from askEA on twitter. Someone was helping me get my account password.

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Payment expired..when I went to resubscribe it won't accept my card..EA said they have no record of me having the game at all..no payment history..nothing. Its all very weird. They couldn't access me and its all very sad :( considering I've been with them since 2001 !

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Medea, what happens when you put your email address in as an EA account name? The email that's tied to that account.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dunno whether this will help or not, but when I tried to log Cail in after the Great Account Fiasco, I couldn't. Turned out they'd removed parts of my username, but it still showed up as the same thing. Took four hours on the phone to them via Skype to get it sorted, and, in the end, it was my husband who spotted the problem. I rang them via Skype because if you do it that way, it doesn't actually cost anything :)

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Gone from bad to worse pah !..just found out John is not co-owner of the house anymore either !..I can log in to Mythic..and also get the option to reactivate a closed game account..but when I try to pay..it just says error and goes back to home page..I've tried creating a new master account with which to try to link everything but I don't have the game code anymore. I'm getting more confused by the moment..and I hate passwords account names..log in names..char names etc etc etc etc..with a vengeance !

They couldn't do anything in the US..he just said he'd escalate the problem but then I just got an e.mail with case number..which they'd closed ! I e.mailed back and said why is it closed when its not resolved..so I got an e.mail back saying this is too sensitive an issue and I have to ring them ..bleurgh !

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also...after a bit of clicking here and there..I found a list of all the expansions I've had which say Enabled..but if you click the little box next to that option..it says Closed !

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
MIRACLE !John had the idea of linking my paypal account..and Voila !..I'm back in..and I didn't even pay anything out of it..so it must have accepted my payment from the card and activated it..how incredibly weird is that !...right..now for the latest expansion..but first..I'm really sorry for spamming forum with my problem..and thank you all again for your help ..its much appreciated !.

A very happy Medea xxx

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question..does anyone have any idea if it is possible to increase the play window Size ?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm afraid not. Faced with a choice between having my video card protest at running off default settings or needing a magnifying glass to see my char, I finally made the decision to try to get along with EC. I actually found that to be a lot less hassle than I thought it would be and have been happily playing in it ever since.

Medea-

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks..looks good :)..Unfortunately I have yet another problem..I bought digital download for Stygian Abyss..then had to download Origin to get the game..but..it has a wrong user name on the site..same e.mail and I can't find an option to change it., hence the game is not there to download. If that makes sense..any ideas?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad, Psycho, bad!!!!

(I really want to know what that funny fox thing is doing to the corpse? Looks like a clear-cut case of "snuffling with intent" to me.)